My Heart Needs You!

Arnav POV

Finally.

Finally I felt like I could breath.

Khushi heard all of it. My insecurites. My past. The horrible errors that I made. Everything. And she understood them all. Initially I was terrified of her reaction. There is a very thin line between forgiveness and punishment. I was prepared for the punishment. However somewhere in the corner of my heart I had hoped. Hoped against hope that Khushi will accept me and my flaws. And thats what she did.

An hour had passed. We were now sitting on the couch. Or rather I was sitting on it. While Khushi my love was lying with her head on my lap. I was caressing her softly. Still trying to accept the fact that this angel has granted me another chance. I love this coziness that we are sharing right now. Who would have thought that one day the ASR...will like such cheesy stuff. Khushi was keenly looking at my each and every move. As if she was trying to scrutinize my very existence.

"What are you staring at Khushi."
I asked pushing a lock of her hair behind her ear, that seemed to be disturbing my girl.

"I am just wondering about US."
She replied bluntly.

"What about US??"
I almost hissed in anger while on the insides my heart was pumping with fear. What if she is having second thoughts??

Khushi raised her hand and interlocked my fingers with hers. She sighed with a smile and then explained  providing me some relief.
"I...I was just wondering how life plays hide and seek with us. Not some time ago..a few months back, I was angry and sad with my life. I had no idea about myself or my family. Totally clueless. And I used to imagine what if somehow someone found me. What if he or she cared for me? Someone of my own...to whom I belonged to. And look at me now? I am with you. Arnav Singh Raizada. Someone who loves me more than anyone."

Her every word touched my heart. Pleased with her answer I kissed her forehead feeling a sense of warmth spread all over me.
"Hmmm. Thats true. You never know what life has in store for you. Few months back even I was in a terrible state. My life felt like thorns on a barren land. I craved for you. And you were not there. My mind could not grasp the concept that you are no more in this world. The news of your death killed me Khushi. You would have pitied me. I was that miserable. And now look at me. I am a complete man. You are here with me. Its like I am in a dream."
I said in a tone full of content.

One second Khushi was resting her head on my lap and the very next second she got up and sat straight on the sofa. Aware of her movements I quickly looked at the doorway. No I wont let her go that quickly. Before I could make a move to stop her...Khushi held my hand in hers. That touch made me forget all my worries.
"Arnav. We have crossed a lot many hurdles together. This peaceful conversation that we are having is a proof of that. And now I dont want to wait any longer. I dont want another misunderstanding. Another confusion. I just want to say it. Right now..."

Her eyes were now twinkling with happiness. Whats going on??? What is it that Khushi wants to say..? I thought feeling confused. Cupping my face with her hands she held my face close to hers and confessed in a clear voice.

"Arnav...Mujhe Tumse Pyaar Hogaya Hai!!!"
(Arnav....I have Fallen in Love With You!!!)
Her words took away my breath. My heart was now pounding in my chest. The unexpected and much awaited confession blew me away literally.

What the...

DID KHUSHI JUST CONFESS HER LOVE FOR ME?!!??