The New Chapter of our Lives!

Khushi POV

Calm

Content

And Relaxed.

Thats what I am feeling right now.

Its been a while.

I mean since long I have been under so much mental and emotional pressure that this serene atmosphere seems somewhat unacceptable. However I have accepted my fate now. No matter the dynamics of the  circumstances, Arnav and I were and are meant to be. Thats why we always end up together.

Sitting in the hospital cafeteria and sipping a cup of coffee my mind drifted to the conversation that I had with Arnav this morning. We had woken up at 6.30 and while having our breakfast my boyfriend had demanded that we should go for a check up thats long due.
"Arnav I am fine. There is no need for a health check up."

I tried to plead my case but it was of no use since I was talking to ASR and not Arnav.
"Yeah right. Khushi I am not asking you alright? We need to consult an expert regarding your amnesia. Just because you are not in pain it does not signifies that you are okay. So please dont waste this time by unneccesary arguements. I will meet you at Fortis Hospital around 4pm."

And with a final goodbye kiss on my forehead ASR left me pondering over the fact that this is going to be a recurring thing. Since my man is very adamant when it comes to my health. So be prepared Khushi Gupta.

I was smiling at the silliness of our arguement when two black shoes with a silver H blocked my line of vision. Hmmm. I know those shoes too well.

However, as soon as I whipped up my head to greet him he disappeared from my sight. And a new memory took over. Certain things were blurry. Nevertheless, I could see a milky white hand full of bangles pouring a glass of some sort of juice in a different pair of shoes. A distant sound of someone saying unclear words....

....its mango juice Arnav baba'

...Mango juice Mami...do you want some?'

Before I could comprehend what really happened in that past moment a worried Arnav shook me holding the balls of my shoulders. Anxious pair of chocolate orbs were locked with my confused hazel ones. I gasped understanding what had just occured.

"KHUSHI.....WHATS WRONG???? Tum theek ho? DO YOU NEED A DOCTOR? KHUSHI SAY SOMETHING?"
(You okay?)

To and fro his eyes followed my each and every move.

Placing my palm over his I exclaimed.
"Arnav...I just...your shoes. I think I recalled a memory. Has it ever happened that I pranked you by pouring juice over your shoes or something?"

His eyes touched his forehead and his jaw dropped on the floor with wonder. And then he nodded in eagerness.
"Yes. Yes ofcourse. You remember? Dont you Khushi. You did pour mango juice to be precise in my shoes. That was a time when we used to fight like cats and dogs. And that is not all. You also put sweet candies in my car engine. Oh I almost forget. You changed my ringtone to an item song and it was one hell of an embarassing moment in front of my employees."
He narrated the tales of my pranks in a prideful tone.

I giggled hearing his confessions of my humorous side.
"Really? I did all of that? Hey Devi Maiyya I cannot even imagine myself doing that now."

"But you did all that Khushi. You were a really bubbly and fun girl before our contract marriage. But this is brilliant Khushi. This is so good. Your memories are coming back to you. The pace is slower however the past is coming back to you in tit bits. Right?"
He announced.

And his reassuring words made me sigh with relief. So there are chances that things will be completely normal for me one day. Soon.

We continued our talks and strolled to the waiting room. We still had 5 minutes to wait. And in the meantime Arnav told me a lot about my joyful personality and zest for life. I nodded every now and then....so this is me huh. But the question is why have I changed so much then?