Face to face with REALITY!

Khushi POV

Slowly and gradually my life is taking a beautiful turn and am getting settled in a routine. I am still living with my best friend Mehek. But now I am also dating my husband. My Arnav. We are now enjoying this phase of our lives. And as far as my professional life is concerned...I have joined a Culinary school recently. Yup. I love cooking. A fact that I have rediscovered about myself post the accident. And Arnavji is very supportive of it. According to him this is my chance to spread my wings.

Moreover, Mehek is also trying her best to give her life a second chance. After the ugly spat between her and Aman I was scared that she will loose her fighting spirit. However, she emerged in triumph and also made Aman realize the error of his ways. The two are now sorting things maturely. Last night I even eavesdropped on their phone conversation. Aman was apologizing or rather explaining his fears and insecurities whose product was their epic fight. Mehek is considering his apologies, which is a good progress. And ofcourse Aman is not leaving any stone unturned in his efforts. The gifts, flowers and baskets of fruits lying in the living room right now are a proof.

Sometimes I recall simple things about myself. Sometimes I have dreams which are actually memories of me and Arnav arguing like school kids. It makes me wonder how and what made my husband realize that I am meant to be his life partner..his wife? He is still secretive about certain chunks of our past...Why is that? I have no clues.

Apart from that lets not forget that today is really special for me. Since its the weekend Arnav is taking me out. He has not revealed anything to me yet. So I am just anticipating the surprise. I am sure it will make me super happy. I still cannot get over the fact that I kissed him in the rain while dancing passionately with him one morning a couple of days ago. Apparently, Arnavs one touch was enough to make me realize that we share a sizzling chemistry. My thoughts were instantly broken by the buzzing of my phone. I picked it up in three rings after checking the caller id.

"Hi Khushi..."
Arnavs husky voice sent shivers down my spine. Wow this man has a magic in him.

"Hi Arnav..."
I replied trying to imitate him. I could hear him taking a deep breath. Woaahh he too gets affected like me huhh.

"Khushi I am sending a car at your place in an hour. You be ready by then. And no questions. Alright?"
He asked knowing very well about my habits.

"Ok ASR." I replied in a mock serious tone.
He laughed and then cut the call.

Oh NOOO...I only have an hour. I quickly started getting ready for yet another date of ours. In no time I was all dressed up. I grabbed by purse, left a note for Mehek and then dashed outside in desperation to meet Arnav.

Twenty minutes later the car came to a halt near a park. Smiling at my husbands choice I sauntered into the park. Nobody was in the vicinity. Also all the trees were decorated with fairy lights. And towards the center was a gazebo where Arnav stood waiting for me looking as handsome as ever.

"Hey Beautiful Wifey."
Arnav stated while holding my hand in his.

"Hey Hawt Hubby."
I replied giving him a smirk.

He placed a soft kiss on the back of my hand and then made me sit on the circular steps on which the gazebo was placed. For a while we just kept staring at each other. There was no need for words. Every once in a while Arnav would caress my hand with his thumb or cup my cheek while his eyes spoke volumes. Today I could see a fear in his twinkling orbs. Having no idea about the reason for it I simply asked him for an explaination.

"Koi problem hain Arnav? Tum aaj bahut disturbed lag rhein ho. Jaise ki koi baat hai jiska tumhe darr hai beinteha darr...Aisa Kyun?"
(Is there a problem Arnav? You look so disturbed. As if something is terrifying you...really terrifying you...Why is that?)