Romance in Shimla!

Guys I am really sorry. I have no clue why I am unable to open your comments. The page keeps loading and loading. I dont know whats the issue. Therefore I cannot reply to any of your comments. So to all those who shared their feelings and comments. A big thank you. I will continue to do the good work. Your words are a boost and motivation for a writer like me. Love you all.

Payal POV

"...And then Akaashji was informed by our family doctor that Khushi Raizada is alive and a recovering patient of Amnesia."
I finally completed my explainations.

All the three members of my maiden family were in shock. Amma, Babuji and Buaji were bewildered with the turn of events. For a few minutes silence enveloped in our little home in Laxmi Nagar. Chirping birds, laughing children and the scoldings that Happyji was receiving from Bediji could be heard clearly.

A while later Buaji stood up from the sofa and with slow footsteps walked upto to the opposite wall where Khushis photo hung surrounded by a garland. Wiping her tears Buaji removed the garland and grabbed the photo only to hug it to herself.
"Our Titiliya is Alive Garima....she is Alive...Amnesia or no Amnesia the good thing is that she survived. And I am very happy that Arnav Babua got his wife back. He used to be so depressed and lifeless. This is a second chance for both of them. Praise be Nandkishore."

Amma wheeled Babujis chair towards Buaji and all the three of them held each other. The tears of happiness washed away all the pain and guilt that they were suffering from. Pain of Khushis death. And guilt of not understanding the plottings of Shyam and Anjali Jha.

"I would have left Akaash and his family long ago. However Akaashji stopped me when he realised that I was pregnant. He is repenting. However this does not change the fact that his own sister is responsible for destroying our Khushi and Arnavjis life."
I said coldly.

"I am very happy Jeeji that the two of them are together. I am sure that someday when our little girl will recall her memories....she will come running to our doorstep to meet her family."
Amma exclaimed.

All of us nodded feeling somewhat enthusiastic after a really long time of sadness. The dark clouds were disappearing giving hope of a sunny day.

Khushi POV

I was trembling like a leaf in a storm. Our romantic holiday felt like a horror movie right now. Due to the sudden powercut both me and Arnavji were sitting near the fireplace with cups of hot chocolate, trying our best to stay warm. I know what you are thinking...Alas...how can things go right when I am involved right?

"Khushi its alright. Powercut wont be for long. The hotel manager told me that this will only last for another twenty minutes or so. You know what come here."
In a soothing voice he tried to calm me down. But when it did not work he pulled me to himself in such a way that now I was facing the fire and Arnavji was hugging me. The feeling of his warm chest on my back made me gulp. Now there are two-two fireplaces to warm you up Khushi Gupta. My mind was now sliding towards the gutter.

A pounding heart, shallow breaths and Arnavjis husky voice....

Uhhhhh...

Not a good combo for my health!!!

"Khushi.."
He whispered softly. My left ear felt really warm all of sudden.

"Yeah Arnav.."
I replied in the same tone.

"I was thinking something. Do not get hyper alright. Just listen to me first. You said you are not ready for marriage. I completely agree. We really need to understand each other on another level before moving ahead in our relatioship. Nevertheless, I know it my heart that we will always be together no matter how many tests we take. So I was wondering if you are open to an engagement."
He suggested.