Enigma called Love

Khushi POV

"You...you said....I am Khushi...is that my name....you presumed me to be dead?? Why?....you said you were dying without me...why...who are you??? What do you know about me?? What relationship do we share...Mr. Raizada?"

I asked in a state of turmoil.

"Khushi I...the thing is that.."
Mr. Raizada started to speak. However, our moment was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Let me see..."
Mehek said softly and then went to check on the unexpected guest.
Two minutes later Mehek came back and announced something.

"Actually...I was supposed to meet a client at this time. Jerry you mind if I go downstairs and meet her..? And in this way you will get the needed privacy. You and ASR can speak without any disturbance."
She asked staring at me uncertainly.

I took a minute to answer. Mehek wont be hear...I will surely feel awkward...but she is right..I can talk to Mr. Raizada freely. Time to be the brave and strong woman you are...Khushi. This needs to be done.
ASR was staring at me like a hawk waiting for my response too eagerly.
I sighed deeply and answered.

"I have no issues. You go and do your business. In the mean time I will have the much needed talk with Mr. Raizada."
I said in a determined voice.

She smiled appreciating my confidence and then left with a nod.

Silence.

For a long while nobody spoke a word. All of a sudden I felt out of place being here in my hotel room with Arnav Singh Raizada. I felt too vulnerable. As if my physical and emotional wounds were bared before him. Finally he decided to man up and broke the quiet atmosphere.

"You are right. Thats what your maiden name is...Khushi Kumari Gupta. And yes, its true the reason why it took so long for me to find you is that the police declared you as dead post your accident. Believe me...if I had any idea that you were alive and breathing somewhere near me...I WOULD HAVE MOVED MOUNTAINS TO BE WITH YOU."
His intense eyes screamed about the honesty of his words.

"And why would you do that....WHAT ARE YOU TO ME...ASR??"
I asked trying to meet his eyes that were calling out to me.

"I am Arnav Singh Raizada. Your husband. And you are Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada to be precise."
His words made me gasp in surprise and shock.

"...Wife...I am your WIFE..?"
I asked to confirm wanting to hear those words again to make my brain accept what he was trying to say. My breaths were now shallow trying to grasp the reality of my life. I am a married woman. I am someones wife. I am the wife of Arnav Singh Raizada.

"Yes. You are my wife."
He said with conviction.

I was about to faint again...I could feel it. But he was one step ahead this time and quickly whispered my name.

"Khushi please relax..dont exert yourself. Please calm down."
He said and then touched my shoulder lightly to make his point. His action caused a weird reaction. I felt tiny sparks in my body. At the same time a warm cocoon enveloped me and made me feel protected.

"ASR you have to..."
He stopped me before I could complete.

"Please dont call me that. You never called me that. Its my name in the business world. You calling me ASR feels as if you are a stranger to me. Its my request please call me by my name like you used to before the accident."
He said in a pleading tone.

"Then...will it be alright to call you Arnav?"
I asked gazing back at those chocolate orbs.

"Arnav..? You...if thats what you want to call me then do so...but you used to call me Arnavji."
He said and then rubbed his forehead with his palm. Hmmm. Its not just me who is feeling out of place right now, good to know we are on the same path.