Chapter Thirty-One: Hate

*Third Person POV*

"URG! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!" Bakugo cried out, stomping his way up the stairs. "WHY DID (Y/N) PAIR ME WITH YOU?!" 

Izuku sighs. "I'm not sure, but do you really think this is the time to complain about over such a silly thing?" 

Bakugo glares at the green haired boy. "Shut it. Just because you have knight training doesn't make you better than me."

"I never said that though..." 

"URG! Just shut it!" he yelled

Izuku kept quiet as he followed Bakugo around the upper floor. That castle was much different than Izuku had last been. He actually was born in the Capital but moved to (L/N)'s kingdom with Inko. He often came back because of his father, who was a knight under All Might. He was always off for work, so he never really sees him much these days. 

After looking, they discovered there weren't any knights to fight. It seemed as if they migrated to the lower floors. Even still, it was best to keep their guard up. They could pop up and attack at any moment. 

Bakugo slumps against a wall beside a window, arms crossed. Izuku follows, placing his sword in front of his and sitting crisscrossed.

"S-so, Kacchan--" 

"I said not to call me that, Deku." 

"Sorry," he apologized. "So Bakugo, where did you learn to fight? If I'm correct, you were a butler." 

The blonde sighs. "My mom," he said simply, a small smile peeking through his rough face. "She was a guard for that bastard King and Queen." 

Izuku remembered that he mentioned that once before. When he'd found his mother's locket on her bones. 

He gulps, unsure if he should ask his next question. But curiosity struck him. "What was she like?"

"She was amazing," he answered right away. "Brave, witty, and strong. She could do anything she wanted, facing it was such composure that it scared and inspired everyone. She was the captain, such a fitting roll too. She had a voice that spoke to everyone, which enabled her to address what was needed to be declared with confidence." he looked to the side, avoiding Izuku's curious eye. "But, as amazing as that is, if she wasn't captain, if she wasn't part of the guards, she'd still be here. I wouldn't have to wake up wondering and trying to remember what her voice sounded like, cause she'd be here." 

The air was silent. A gunshot couldn't even make a sound at this moment. Izuku was speechless, but also full of sadness. He was amazed that Bakugo spoke so highly of her, but what's the point if she's not around to hear? 

Izuku couldn't even begin to think of a life without his mother. She's everything to him. She raised and loved him every passing day, never faulting. 

But as much as Bakugo may not see her, it doesn't mean she loved him any less. 

"Bakugo... I think you should be proud of her, not disappointed that she never came back. She didn't just fight for the King, she fought for everyone, she fought for you. She fought to keep you safe and make sure you lived to see the next day. Her life didn't matter as long as you had yours. That's what I believe." Izuku concluded. "You may not be able to hear her, but it doesn't mean she's not calling out for you. I can feel it." 

No words were exchanged after that, none were needed. Bakugo understood. He always knew why his mother fought, yet he was still mad. 

But for some reason, hearing it from Izuku made it mean something more than hate for once. It was worth more than broken memories. 

It was pride. Pride in his mother and all she did, whether it was for him or not. 

And he was fine with feeling this way. 

______

The next day was hell. 

The enemy had finally made their way back up, only to be greeted by the two. 

They attack right away, which wasn't pleasant. And they were heavily out-numbered, also unpleasant. 

While they fought, it seemed as if the numbers weren't falling. More kept on adding in, making it harder to fight back efficiently. 

"Shit, we might need to fall back!" Bakugo confirmed, unhappy with this outcome. 

"Y-yeah... That might be best." Izuku agreed, slowly backing. 

The knights snickered. "You aren't going anywhere. We'll kill you both here and now!" They all charged at once. 

Quickly, without thinking, Bakugo took Izuku's arm and ran... 

Right into the window, breaking it and causing them to fall out. 

As if time moved in slow motion, Bakugo wrapped Izuku in his arms and turned so his back would make the impacted. 

And before Izuku could process what had just occurred, he heard the sound of bones cracking and breaking ringing in his ears. 

But it wasn't his own. 

"N-no!" he stuttered, crawling off Bakugo to kneel by his side. 

He wasn't looking well. His back head was covered in blood, mostly his own. He'd cut his lip and arms from broken glass. 

Bakugo coughs out some blood. "Shit... This hurts." 

"D-don't move! I'll get something to help you!" he was going to het up when a hand stopped him. 

"I don't need your help, Deku. Leave it."  

Izuku stares at him, tears welling up. He wanted to retort back. To disagree and get help anyway, but the soft look Bakugo gave him changed his mind. 

He slouched on his knees, staring at the boy who was bleeding out. "Why?" he asked. "Why did you save me from the impacted?" 

He chucked out a cough. "Because I'm not letting a Deku like you rescue or die before me." 

"It's not the time for a competition, Kacchan..." Izuku argued, but couldn't help break out a small smile at his bad timing. 

"I told you...not to...call...me that...." Bakugo managed to croak out, his voice dying along with him.

Till it was no more... Till he was no more. 

"Kacchan...?" Izuku cried out. "Kacchan I sw--!" Izuku wanted to get mad. He wanted to try and save him. But he just couldn't bring himself too. 

So, with a deep breath and teary eyes, Izuku said what he thought Bakugo would've wanted to hear. 

"Say hi to your mother for me, okay?" 

~*~*~*~*~

You're welcome. Have fun with that ending. 

(Sorry, not sorry ;-;)

*~Lace V. Rose~*

(Word Count: 1072 Words)