Chapter Thirty-Seven + I'M BACK

(Hello! Quick question before we start: Being in school still, would you like it if I post the work I do in my English class? I'm in advance English, so we are constantly writing a variety of works. Please leave your thoughts in the comments!)

*Third Person POV*

Hearing that Izuku had fallen for Bakugo was no surprise to any near. They could tell from the way Izuku glanced at Bakugo and admired his training that it was more than a friendship. He'd take notes of Bakugo's fighting and do his best to match it, but there was an unsaid passion they gained for each other. It was raw and untamed but also hidden to the world out of fear. Fears of rejection, fears of hate, fears of heartbreak. 

"It's about time you said it." (Y/N) said softly. 

Izuku snickered lightly to her remark. He should've known there was nothing to fret. (Y/N) was eternally an accepting woman, something he absolutely cherished of her. "It is pleasant, admitting it after so long of hiding it behind closed doors. Feels like I can face him when the time arrives for us to meet again," he said. (Y/N) could tell the meaning behind his words, and it left a pang in her heart. Regardless of her worries, she believed in Izuku enough to not do anything reckless. 

_____

As breakfast wrapped up, the royal speech was due in a mere few moments. (Y/N) and Shoto's presence was attained by the doors to the balcony, the chatters of the people could be heard. (Y/N) was retaliating Shoto's waistcoat, making sure it was spotless and orderly. Nonetheless, this didn't settle her spouses' nerves. He was continually fidgeting with his fingers. "Is something the matter, love?" 

The king takes a breath he didn't realize was being held. He straightened his posture toward the stain-glassed doors. "I'm fine." 

(Y/N) shakes her head and sighs, her hands reach up and gently hold Shoto's troubled face. "Please calm down, love. Tell me what is bothering you at such a time."

Shoto gazes into his wife's eyes. Their colour induced happiness to his life, they told a story he was willing to read everyday day if he could. They brought such a fire, but also a calming in a heavy storm. In her eyes, he saw a future where they nestle warmly by a fire, reciting their story to a child they've raised. It was beautiful, just like their host. He inclines into her touch, feeling supported with her. "I'm scared..." he admitted. "I ruined their lives... I hurt innocent people, killed them. And here I am, about to face every one of them, and it terrifies me to think of what sight I might see. How disappointed they are in me..." 

"Shoto..." (Y/N) whispers. "That wasn't you, my love. That wasn't what you desired, it was your fathers doing, he forced you..."

"That doesn't make what I did right," he told. "Forced or not, I did it." 

(Y/N) felt her heart pulse to a painful rhythm. Seeing her husband in such a defeated state made her apprehend shes to blame. If she never fell for Endeavours tricks, Shoto would've never been forced to do any of this. (Y/N) lets her hands slip from his face, something that surprised Shoto. "I'm sorry..." she mutters quietly to hold back the tears. 

Shoto's eyes widen at her apology. His hands grab hers quickly and he pulls them to his lips, leaving a small, warm kiss to her fingertips. "My love, what is this you are apologizing for? You've done nothing wrong." 

"It's... it's my fault you ever had to do your fathers bidding in the first place." she said. "If I'd been more cautious, or reacted faster, he'd never have anything against you." 

Shoto cooed at her and let out a deep chuckle. This left (Y/N) confused at his reaction. It wasn't until Shoto released her hands and reach for her waist instead. He pulls his queen close enough to plant a kiss on her soft lips. Unlike many of the other kisses they've shared, this was full of pent of passion that was finally freed. Their lips moved with such tender love, it warmed (Y/N)'s very core. Never had she ever dreamed of feeling such love, and she wished with every fibre that it never ended. Despite her failed attempts in the past, she believed that this time, her wish was granted. 

When Shoto pulled from the kiss, he rested their foreheads together. "You are such a fool to think I'd ever blame you for such a matter," Shoto said. "I love you far too much to ever put that blame on your shoulders." 

"Then please, my love, don't put the blame on yours." (Y/N) pleaded. 

Shoto gave a chuckle of defeat. There was no winning against her truth. "I will no longer, my dearest." 

(Y/N) breathed a sigh of relief. "So, shall we face them?" 

"Only if you can stand with me?"

She chortled. "I never planned on leaving."

"I love you with everything I have," he said with such passion. 

"I love you with all that and more, Shoto." (Y/N) said. "No matter the fears or hate, I will always be with you. I promised my life to you, and I'd happily promise my life to you every day." 

Shoto breathed a chuckle. "That's what a marriage is, my dear. A promise so mighty it spans till the end of time."

"Then I guess time will have to keep up with me because my love for you is eternal." (Y/N) said, taking ahold of Shoto's hands and bringing them to her chest. "You are forever mine." 

"I will happily be forever yours, (Y/N)." Shoto agreed. 

As the souls of their love intertwine, the doors of the balcony are opened. A light breeze of the sunny day hits the couple, waking them form their dazes of love. They now are open to the world around them. A world they are happy to greet together. Shoto gave one last final look of worry to his wife, but she held out strong for him. She showed no fear because there's no fear to be had. They were together after all. 

And that's all Shoto needed. 

~*~*~*~*~

Ah, I'm so happy to be back I can tear up~~ How have you all been? Did you enjoy this chapter? Hopefully, it was worth the wait... 

I'm very sorry for being gone so long. It may have been a long break, but it was very much needed. Being in Grade 11 asks a lot of you, both in school work and leadership roles. Even though I am back, updates will be slower still. I'm still in school -with a job, no less- and those take priority. I'll try to update twice a month, so I hope that works for you all. 

Thank you for reading~

*~Lace V. Rose~*

(Word Count: 1158 Words)