Chapter Thirty-Four

(apology in the A/N  ;-;) 

*Third Person POV* 

"King Jiro (L/N)... It's a pleasure to see you once more." Endeavour's voice smoothly said, but you could hear the irritation behind it.  

"Can't say I feel the same way, King Endeavour, nor should I be pleased to see your ugly mug." Jiro snapped. 

Endeavour glared. "I would've enjoyed teasing on a tad long, but I'm in a need to get moving. This broken kingdom won't run itself." 

Endeavour made his move to the stairs. His plan was to head up to the balcony and have his men gather up all the villagers for a big announcement. After all, they need to greet their new king. 

Jiro swiftly blocked the way. "I think not, Endeavour. This kingdom needs a ruler, yes. But you aren't such a person they need. I believe there is someone more fit than you who shall be on the throne." 

His agonizing smirk grew. "And who might they be? Anyone who stands in my way of total control will be beaten down by me." 

"Then I'm up for the challenge." Jiro declared. 

Endeavour snorted out a hollow laugh. He even had to clutch his stomach as beeps of laughter shot passed his stained lips. "Haha, you, think you can stand up to me?!" he laughed again. "I think not." 

"Why?" Jiro questioned. "Scared I'll actually take the throne from under you?" 

"Let's not play that childish game, Jiro. That won't rile me up so easily. I know you can't beat me. And you shouldn't be so cocky anyway. You couldn't even show up in time to protect your daughter, just like your wife. Though, either way, your efforts would've been a waste. Nothing can beat m--" Endeavour's sentence was cut short when an arrow was launched from behind him. It just barely grazed his cheek. A small trail of blood seeped past. With angered eyes, his twisted around to Izuku holding up Ochaco's bow. 

"You shut your filthy mouth..." Izuku mumbled just loud enough for him to hear. "I don't care who you are, but you do not insult my lady and her Queen." 

Endeavour clenched his fists. "Seems like someone needs a lesson on where their mouth should be!" he turned for a running attack before he was stabbed in the back with a sword. 

Jiro stood behind the blow, his face sinister and pissed. "Never. Bring. My. Wife. Into. This." he emphasized with a growl. He pulled the sword out before landing other blow to the back of his neck. 

The tip could be seen on the other side. 

Endeavour slowly started choking. It was as if he was holding something down. His body swayed from side to side once Jiro removed the blade. He fell freely to his knees. He let out a gag before throwing up blood and vomit. Endeavour's body shook. He slowly turned his head to face Jiro as his eyes faded into gray as he finally died. 

It was quick. It was real. 

Jiro, satisfied, dropped the sword and rushed to (Y/N). Shoto still had her in his hold, whispering sweet nothings in hopes to calm her uncontrolled cries. Jiro wrapped them both in his arms, kissing (Y/N)'s head. 

"Shh, Shh. It's alright my baby girl. It's alright. He's gone now." he whispered. "He's gone..." 

Jiro's eyes darted to Shoto. He was worried about the boy, watching his father die right before him. No matter how villainous he was, he still was Shoto's blood. The young prince's expression held no care for the fallen king, only the urge to sooth his love. 

And that's exactly what Jiro wanted to see. 

______

*A few months later...*