Chapter 2- Never Been Hurt

"Maxine, let's go!" My dad, or should I say step-dad, shouted up the stairs to my room.

My room. Three grey walls and one purple one locking me in my own personal Hell.

"Comin'" I drawled back in my Southern accent, shoving down the grey sleeves of my shirt as I glanced in the full-length wall mirror. Fat stared back at me. Despite the fact that I could now distinctly see my ribs poking through my light shirt, still, the fat on my body would not budge off completely.

Finally, I tore my eyes away from my reflection, snatching up my bookbag, earbuds, and iPad as I left my prison.

"Took you long enough," my step-horror muttered as I descended the rickety, old staircase.

I just shoved in my earbuds. Welcome to another day of Hell.

It comes back and haunts me.

---

"Good morning, Pinewood Bears!" The intercoms crackled to life with an overly cheery voice leading the way. I hate school. "It's time for our daily announcements. Today is September 3rd, 2013 and it's a Thursday" -No duh Sherlock, we know the date- "meaning you will go to classes two, three, five, and eight."

Our school schedule is weird; we have eight total classes and each day we go to a different set of classes. I know, weird.

"Have a great day, Pinewood Middle."

---

My head collided harshly with cold metal lockers as I stepped out of my last class. It hurt, but it wasn't nearly bad enough to leave any proof, like always. "What's wrong, brat?"

A mocking voice reached my ears before my blue eyes came to face with grey ones accompanied by blonde hair.

"Still fat, I see. What, too little self-control? I thought dancers were supposed to be pretty," Gracie mocked as her clique joined her.

A bullet undercover, fooled me every time.

I didn't say anything in response, just let her bully me. I had given up such a long time ago.

"I hope you didn't eat lunch today, fatty. Maybe you should try puking it up." I hadn't eaten.

But even if I lose it all I've got so much to give.

----

"Maxine get your ass down here now, and you better not be on your iPod again or I swear to God I will take that thing away from you!" I heard my mom yell as the doorbell rang. Who the Hell was that?

I quickly forced the silver object under my purple duvet before grabbing a black hoodie to toss over my ballet gear. I was wearing a blue leotard, pink tights, blue, transparent skirt, and my dark brown hair was pulled into a tight bun with a few stray, escaping pieces.

It would have to wait.

Dashing down the stairs I nearly tripped but managed to catch myself before I faceplanted into the creaky wood.

"Who's at the door?" I asked as I walked towards the foyer of our small house, passing my ten-year-old step-sister, Alexa, on the way there. That was when I remembered Mom's sister was visiting. Her sister whom I had never met.

However, when I turned the corner, the sight that greeted me was not what I had expected.

I won't give up, no, no.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Hi guys! So I'm back again! First off, I just wanted to say thank you to the people who read my first chapter and to the person who voted. It makes me really happy. Second, I would really like to know what you thought of this chapter. No one's left a review of any kind so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or right, so please, vote and comment! It would mean so much to me. Also, I have the next couple of chapters written out already, so you have those to look forward to in the next couple of days, probably every other day or every two days. Anyways, back on topic, I hope you enjoyed chapter two of Echoes in the Darkness and like I said before please, please comment and vote! I'll talk to you guys later!