Chapter 8- Tell Me You Love Me Part 2

"I'm going to go change for dance!" I announced in one quick breath as soon as we entered the house, rushing up the wooden stairs and slamming the door behind me before Demi could say anything.

In my multi-colored bedroom, I clicked the lock into place before stripping down so that I was in just underwear and a sports bra. Starring back at me from the mirror was a fat, ugly girl covered in scars with a flat chest. It physically hurt to see my own reflection. Why couldn't I be more like Alexa or Demi? Perfect and skinny.

I looked away from my reflection, the figure moving away too to go change into a signature black leotard, pink tights, and a pair of lyrical paws.

I was about to go back downstairs in my ballet gear until I remembered that Demi was down there. Looking down, my cuts and scars starred back at me. One forest green hoodie and a pair of black leggings later I was ready to go. Well, ready to go besides the fact that I didn't actually want to leave the safety of my room and face Demi.

I need someone.

I was going to just stay in my room after thinking it over, or at least stay up here until I had to leave for dance, but clearly, Demi had a different idea. A couple seconds after I yanked the hoodie over my head, there was a soft knock at the door. "Max, please, unlock the door," Demi's voice came through, muffled slightly by the door.

I shook my head no, even though she couldn't see it. There was silence on the other side of the door as I slid down, my back coming in contact with the door and shaking it slightly by accident.

"Please," Demi called, her voice sounding a little desperate, but I had to be imagining that, right?

On days like this, I do.

"You're gonna hate me," I mumbled, my voice thick and my southern accent heavy with the tears that had started dripping down my face.

"Maxine, listen to me," Demi responded immediately her voice filled with nothing but kindness and worry. "There is nothing in the world that you could do to make me hate you. Ever. Just please, open the door, M."

Sighing and wiping in vain at my eyes, I reached up and turned the lock to a horizontal position and slid over to the wall. "I-it's unlocked."

Almost immediately the door swung open and Demi crouched down so that she was in front of me. "Hey," she said, sitting down completely in front of me and closing the door behind her so that she could lean against it. "What's going on with you?"

On days like this.

"Nothin'," I responded, looking down and fidgeting with the black, leather bracelet on my wrist.

"This isn't 'nothing,' Love. Talk to me. And stop messing with that thing." Demi shot back, placing a hand on mine to stop the movement.

Oh, can you hear my heart say:

I twisted my hand upwards so that my fingers were intertwined with Demi's. She squeezed my hand in return as if to give me strength.

"Sometimes everything j-just gets to be too much, and, and I don't know what t-to do anymore."

No, you ain't nobody 'til you got somebody.

"D-Demi, I don't know what to do."

"Shh, it's okay," Demi soothed in response to what I said, pushing a piece of dark colored hair out of my face. "Just breathe and listen to me. Everything is going to be okay."

You ain't nobody 'til you got somebody.  

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Alright guys, I'm back! Thank you so much to everyone who voted on the past chapters! It means so much to me. Anyways, this is going to be a short little note because I don't really have anything to say besides thank you to everyone who is reading my story and please vote and comment, I really wanna know what you think so far or what you want to see happen. I'll talk to you guys again soon!

Views: 350

Votes: 20

Comments: 3