Chapter 40- Together

"Hey!" Nicole greeted, running up to me almost as soon as I got out of Demi's car and putting one arm around me. "I missed you."

"'Missed you too, Coco," I said, using my nickname for Nikki as we walked towards Blackwell Middle. Honestly, she's one of the few reasons that I don't hate school quite as much.

"Oh, and you missed about fifty thousand tests," my best-friend teased with a smirk, pushing open the swinging door to the school.

"Joy," I shot back, sliding my hand down so that it was intertwined with hers. I heard someone shout something about us dating, but we just looked at each other and rolled our eyes. That happens every day, and yet guess what, we're not dating! She's just my best friend.

Why be afraid to make an honest mistake?

"Aw, look at the two lovers!" Mallory sneered to her friends as soon as Nikki and I got to class. It was still before the first bell, so students were just crowded around, sitting on desks and chatting without a care in the world.

"Aw, look at blondie, still dumb as ever I see!" Nikki shot back venomously and I winced slightly. Rule number one, don't provoke the bullies. It only ends badly.

If you acknowledge the pain...

"What did you call me?!" Mallory demanded, standing up from her spot perched on the desk and walking over to Nikki and I. Just like I said, not gonna end well. Especially since she's about 3" taller than Nicole and 5" taller than me.

I guess before I tell you what happened next, I should probably give you a little background on Mallory Stewart here. You see, she's your typical middle school bully, as stupid as that sounds. Blonde hair, light eyes, loves to prove that she has lots of money and loving parents. Did I forget anything? Oh, and loves to boss people around. See, typical middle school bully.

Do you remember at all, people walking hand-in-hand?

And then before any of us could do anything, the bell rang and the teacher walked in, completely oblivious and ready to start a new day of Hell.

-------

The lunch bell rang, dismissing everyone and I jumped up from my seat right as it fell to the ground from Mallory kicking it over.

I quickly ran down the hallway, past the cafeteria, even though I knew she wouldn't bother chasing me. I just need to get away from everyone.

Can you imagine at all?

I easily found one of the less popular school bathrooms and locked myself in a stall, sliding down so that my back was against the wall. I can't do this anymore!

Scrambling through my bookbag, I found a pair of scissors which I easily snapped the handle off of. I'm gonna regret this, but right now, I don't care.

If we all could get along, then we could all sing this song together.
____________________________________
Author's note: hey guys! I finished my science lab early, so I figured I'd update again, although I'm trying to update from my phone in a place with bad service so I don't know if it's actually gonna work or not. I hope it does. Anyways, there are only five chapters left! What do you think is gonna happen in those last five chapters? Is it gonna be a happy ending or a sad one? And as always, please vote and comment and I'll talk to you all soon.