Chapter 26- World of Chances

Three days have passed since I've been living with Demi, and nothing really eventful has happened... well besides the fact that she's enrolled me in school, and today's my first day back at Hell.

That's why I found myself awake at 6 AM so that I could get to school before the first bell rang at 8 AM. Demi's going to drive me to school before heading to the studio to record something, but I can't help but wish that we were spending the day together instead. Living with her has been great and all, but it kind of feels like she's always busy and never has time for me.

You've got a face for a smile:

It didn't take long for me to shower and wash my hair before I changed into one of the new outfits I had gotten while shopping with Demi and Rissa. I'm wearing a black, long-sleeved shirt that says 'Girl Power,' dark wash jeans, and black converse. Not the brightest colored outfit, but I don't really care anymore. That's another thing; Demi's been making me eat more than I ever have before, and she took away all the scales so I don't know how much I weigh, but I can tell I'm heavier than before. At least I can still see my rib and hip bones. I think I'd die if those went away.

You know.

"Max, come on, baby girl, you're going to be late!" Demi called up the stairs and I sighed, grabbing my purple backpack as I left my room. This is going to be one long day.

---

In the car, Demi handed me a Styrofoam bowl with oatmeal in it and a blueberry smoothie. See, I told you she's making me eat. I forced myself to eat about half of the food and a couple sips of the smoothie before I handed it back. I can't eat anymore. Demi shot me a sad, almost disappointed look, but she took the food from me and sat it in the bag she brought from home after closing the container.

"Good luck at your first day of school, I'll see you after and please eat lunch, okay?" Demi asked me softly as she pulled up in front of Blackwell Middle School. I just nodded. If, for some strange reason, I eat lunch I'll definitely purge it later.

A shame you waste it.

I went to the front office first. I had gotten a tour of the school Sunday, yesterday, but I don't have my schedule yet.

"Hello?" I questioned softly when I reached the main office. An older looking woman looked up from her desk at the sound of my voice, smiling at me.

"How may I help you?"

"Um, my name is Maxine and I'm here to pick up my schedule," I stated softly, why am I always so shy around people? They just make me kind of anxious, I guess.

"Yes, of course, I have it here somewhere," the lady stated, shuffling through papers on her desk for a minute. "Ah, here we go, Maxine Lovato. Have a good first day, sweetie."

The lady handed me a green paper and I tried to smile at her for a minute before realizing something. I looked down at the schedule. My name at the top said 'Maxine Kate Lovato.' Demi gave me her last name.

When you're breaking me slowly but I've got a world of chances for you.

Did she really care about me enough to do that?

---

My first class was maths, Pre-Algebra to be exact, although I found it hard to focus. Even though if it was only my first class of the day, there was still a group of girls who didn't like me. I don't know why, but the ringleader, I think her name is Molly, or Mallorie or something like that, kept throwing balled up papers at my back when the teacher wasn't looking.

I've got a world of chances for you.

I groaned as another piece of paper with childish insults written on it hit the back of my head. Why is this girl's aim so annoyingly good?

Like I said... today's going to be a long day.

Chances that you're burning through.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Hey guys! So I'm back again! And I'm really excited about this story because we've got a lot coming up soon! I know I say that a lot, but it really is true... I'm always ahead in writing and I'm always looking forward to posting everything for you all. Anyways, you guys please, please vote and comment. I don't know what you all are thinking and what you want to see happen if you don't tell me, so please, vote and comment! QOTD: What is your favorite of Demi's albums? Mine is either Demi or Confident... or maybe Don't Forget. I clearly can't choose, I love them all! 

Votes: 155

Comments: 31