Chapter 4: The Party (Part 1)

I saw Xander visibly tense as we walked down the dark street to the party. He was looking around us as if he was expecting someone to pop up. When we reached the building, there was a large line outside the party and a bouncer checking people in. Leave it to Casandra to be unnecessarily excessive. Luckily, Ella's father once owned the building before relocating his business further in the city. She lead us to the back entrance and we easily slipped inside. The main room was a mosh pit of people dancing to the deafening music, and then there were rooms in the back, one with the drinks and one for hanging out. I had never been to a party before and the lights and blaring music were all very overwhelming and I felt myself sink into the crowd. A hand then grabbed mine, I looked up and saw it was Xander. He gave me a reassuring smile motioning that he was going to lead us through the sea of people. I grabbed Ella's hand behind me and we went in a line through the crowd until we reached the back rooms. Ella went to grab drinks next door as Xander and I found a seat on one of the various couches in the lounge room. "Look who it is...  This party is for people with class only." Casandra voiced with a sinister grin as she approached us. "We decided we don't care about your rules..." Xander responded and they glared at each other for a moment before Casandra smirked. "Well then I'm sure you won't mind joining us in a game of truth or dare?" She said as a group of students circled around us. "Yeah we'll play." I said, unsure of what we were getting ourselves into. Everyone sat down near the couch and I took a deep breath. "Okay I'll start... Kylie, truth or dare?" Casandra started gesturing to a girl from my chemistry class. "Dare." The girl proudly declared. "I dare you to take off your shirt for the rest of the night." Casandra said with an evil glint in her eyes. The girl looked slightly uncomfortable but took off her shirt and placed it behind her. Kylie then asked the kid across from her and he choose truth. "Tell us if there is anyone in this room you have feelings for? Name them." She ordered and he turned red. He pointed out a brunette watching the game and she gasped and the group laughed. He then got up and left and I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. "Well if he's out of the game then I guess I'll go again." Casandra smirked. "Lilith, truth or dare?" I felt my stomach sink. I was surrounded by all my enemies and I would lose no matter what I chose. "Dare." I said surprising both myself and the group. Casandra eyes lit up with bad intent. "I dare you to kiss Xander for one minute. Right here, right now." She barked and I froze with fear. I couldn't do that. I was still until Xander placed his hand on my shoulder. "It's okay Lilly, just lay one on me." He comforted me and I turned to look into his green eyes. He nodded his head and I took a deep breath before slowly leaning in and placing my lips on his.