Chapter 6: The Reprecussions

I woke with the nauseating realization that I would have to eventually face Xander and make sense of our kiss. Part of me believed it was easier just being friends and keeping things as they were. Comfortable. But I couldn't ignore the totally un-friendly way I was drawn to him. Just thinking about the blissful feeling of kissing him or the way he looked at me after was enough to make me want to shove my face in my pillow and scream like some awestruck schoolgirl. Thankfully I wouldn't have to see him until Monday. The whole school was on lockdown as a result of the party, apparently drinking underage is a major legal offense. Even if half the students who attended were 21 or over, because underclassmen attended and were provided alcohol, Casandra was in deep shit. Lucky for her, since her father is the mayor, the GCPD let her off with a warning and probation in addition to limited privileges on campus. If it were any other student, they would have been expelled. Most people stayed inside that day, presumably to hide the raging hangovers they all suffered. Ella could hardly get out of bed due to her headache. I gave her the hangover solution I had discovered when my parents would come back after a long night out, orange juice with ginger, and she seemed to perk up after about an hour. She remembered everything from the night up until we switched rooms and her and Xander began their binge drinking. I wondered if Xander's memory would be the same or if I would be left to be tortured by a kiss he didn't remember. We would have gone to visit him to make sure he was recovering from last night, even though I would probably be an awkward mess, but no one was allowed out of their dorm rooms unless for meals. It was St. Ignatius's way of trying to regain the control it had lost when it's students decided to throw a raging party. By the evening, Ella had fully recovered and was back to pestering me about Xander. "You two kissed!" She kept reminding me. "And it wasn't just some peck either, you two totally made out!" She finished and I was beginning to feel like the one with the headache. "Yes I am well aware of what happened Ella, I'm trying my best not to overthink it. I mean, what if it didn't mean anything to him?" I suggested and she shook her head. "Oh no, from what you said about the way he was looking at you the rest of the night, he's definitely into you." She continued. "And you are so into him too, so why don't you just tell him?" She concluded as if it were that easy. "I can't even go talk to him today because of the stupid restrictions the school put on everyone!" I exasperated, knowing full well I wouldn't go visit him even if I were completely free too. "Oh come on Lilly, this is perfect! It will give you more time to strategize an attack!" She smiled and I was lost. "An attack? I'm not trying to fight him, Ella!" I whine and she puts her hands up in defense. "Okay okay, fine. It gives you time to think up a plan. There, better?" She asked sarcastically and I smirked. "Much. But even so, what would my plan even be? Walk up to him and be like 'Hey Xander remember that kiss last night? Well I do and I would like it to happen again so please date me!'" I acted out dramatically and Ella raised an eyebrow at me. I caved with a sigh. "Alright maybe l am just overthinking it, but I'm not good at things like this... I don't swoon over guys. I'm not a swooner!" I declared and Ella snickered. "Well you sure are swooning over Xander..." She teased and I glared her down. In our bantering we soon realized that we were late for dinner and left for the dining hall. I grabbed the chicken and rice platter for dinner and a small jello cup for dessert. I turned around to start heading to the table Ella had snatched for us and almost slammed right into the one person I had been avoiding. Xander. I had so many questions for him and things I needed to talk to him about concerning the kiss and our friendship but I reminded myself that he might have gotten too hammered to remember any of it. When he saw me he smiled warmly, a new emotion underneath his gaze. "Hey Lilly, I was wondering when I would see you again." He smirked and a knowing look passed over his face as his eyes dropped to my lips before returning to my eyes. Oh yeah, he definitely remembered.