Chapter 53: The Jealousy

Despite Jeremiah's support the night before, he returned to being closed off the following day. Although, he gave me faith that perhaps our relationship could be fixed. He had to love me or else he wouldn't have cared that I was sick and needed him. My health improved significantly, the pain from my wounds finally under control and my fever had subsided. I was in desperate need of a shower and Ecco showed me to the only shower in the building. Of course, it was located in Jeremiah's room. There was nothing spectacular about his room, as it just served as a back up in case he couldn't come home. Or maybe when he didn't want to. I shook my head, removing the thought of my husband's infidelity from my mind. The only difference from his room and my own in the hideout was that his was slightly bigger and he had a bathroom. Luckily there were multiple bathrooms throughout the large building so I didn't need to go to his room every time I had to pee. But his room had the only shower in the building, hand installed by Ecco herself. She sure had doing everything he wanted down to a science. She never had any questions or obligations, he ordered and she followed. She gave me a towel and then I closed the bathroom door, shutting out the world outside. Stepping into the shower was like stepping into my own revitalization bubble. The water washed away the dirt and sweat from my skin but also my shame. While I certainly regretted leaving Jeremiah, I don't believe that it was inherently the wrong choice. I had acted selfishly, needing to get space to sort out my own emotions. But Jeremiah had also acted selfishly when he dragged me into all of his shit, not caring that I may not agree but instead being more concerned about my safety. And he hadn't been wrong, as I was captured in Gotham. And yet, I needed the experience to really open my eyes to what my options where. Nothing was as simple as it once was. Running from Jeremiah was not the answer to my problems, but maybe running towards him was. He was offering me Gotham City, of which he currently had control. When my only other option was to live in hiding my whole life in fear that he or another criminal would come after me I think I would rather be beside him. He was my husband, and it was my job to support him through thick and thin. I hadn't expected such drastic changes in our life to occur for me to realize this though. Once I had finished showering I wrapped myself in a towel and grabbed my dirty pajamas from the ground. I cracked open the door to make sure Jeremiah wasn't in the room before I rushed back to my room. I was very lucky to make it unscathed as I was sure my wet feet would cause me to slip given my clumsy nature. There was a fresh pair of clothes on the bed, presumably Ecco's just as the pajamas had been hers. I rolled my eyes and slipped on the black tee and tight jeans. I wandered out to Jeremiah's study to see him talking very quietly with Ecco. They were standing far too close for my liking. As I walked up, Jeremiah noticed me but was un-phased as Ecco nodded and then left to do whatever he asked of her. After some much needed "me time" in the shower, I had gained back some of my confidence and spark. "I'm sorry that I hurt you, but I am not sorry that I left. I needed to see that Gotham isn't safe anymore, I needed to see the way things are now. Isn't that what you wanted me to do, see things as you do?" I asked him. He seemed taken aback by my words and he thought over what I said carefully. "So your glad that you betrayed me?" He inquired, his voice not angry but rather curious. "I'm not Ecco, I can't blindly follow you if I don't believe in what your doing." I told him, standing my ground. He hadn't expected me to bring up his assistant. "Ecco?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at me. "You honestly think she's still here because of what you pay her? She's obviously in love with you and does as you say like a dog! Why don't you just run off with her?" I said although I didn't mean it. He stared at me in thought for almost a minute before he finally responded. "Is that what you want?" He asked calmly. No. That is most certainly not what I want. Tell him, Lilly. I met his eyes, holding my breath. My mind was dizzy with anger but I replied anyway. "Yes." I spat back and immediately regretted it. He raised his eyebrows in surprise, not having expected that response. "Very well then... Ecco!" He called out and within seconds she entered the room. I figured she was mostly likely eavesdropping on our entire conversation, hanging on to every word of our fight. "You and I are going on a little trip. I live to please my wife, and if she wants me with you then so be it." He said to her and I saw a flash of hope in her eyes. "Yes sir." She replied, a blush forming on her cheeks. I'm not sure what came over me, or how I suddenly got the energy or audacity, but in seconds I tackled Ecco to the ground. While she was very good at combat, she hadn't anticipated my attack which left her helpless. I grabbed the nearest weapon, in this case it was a pair of scissors from Jeremiah's desk, and I pressed it up against her throat. "You stay the hell away from my husband or I will fucking kill you!" I hissed. I probably looked insane, my eyes wild and my actions unpredictable. Ecco looked to Jeremiah who hel his hand up to tell her not to retaliate and he was looking at me with what looked like amusement and adoration. My eyes drifted back to the task at hand and I realized just how crazy it was. I dropped my weapon before scrambling to get up. I grit my teeth as pain shot up my entire right side from my sudden movements. While I was mostly healed, strenuous activity proved to irritate my recovering wounds. Jeremiah moved to help me and I tried to push him away. "This is what you wanted isn't it? You started sleeping with her to make me jealous?" I asked him seriously. "Lilly-" He started but I wouldn't let him continue as I continued pushing him back. "No! You're disgusting! Stay away fro me!" I yelled. My efforts were useless, as his body was as hard as a rock and I resulted to banging my fists on his chest. He stood there and took the brunt of my assault, waiting it out as he had done many times before when I was in this state. He then caught my wrists in his hands and he was so strong I couldn't get out of his hold. "Are you done?" He asked me and I grew tired of fighting him and I sighed. He took that as a yes and then he let me go. "I've never slept with Ecco, she is strictly my assistant. I feel nothing towards her." He assured me and I stared up at him in awe. It truly was just my own paranoia and insecurity shinning through. I felt embarrassed and bad for Ecco as she ran off in tears. Regardless, I gripped his shirt tightly, burying my face in his neck. "What have you done to me?" I whispered and I heard him chuckle as he wrapped his arms around me. "I could say the same to you..." He responded before placing a kiss on the side of my head. Maybe there was hope for us yet.
-
Hey guys! I've been on a writing roll today so I've just published the chapters as I've finished them. I hope you guys like it! I am a big fan of flawed characters, it makes them more realistic and Lilly is revealing some of her flaws and we get to see how it effects those around her. Also don't get me wrong I do like Ecco, but for the purpose of this story she is a romantic threat to Lilly. We are beginning to take a nose dive from Lilly's sanity. Love makes you do crazy things... Enjoy!💕