⥈ chapter six: TRAINING ⥈

« chapter vi: TRAINING »

"You want me to what?" Dabria asked with a sigh

"You want me to what?" Dabria asked with a sigh. She was lying on her bed on her back, holding an open book above her head. It looked like an uncomfortable reading position but Tim wasn't going to say that.

"Train with us. Bruce... Insists."

"No thanks." Dabria said. Tim didn't leave though.

"I think it'll be good for you." Dabria sighed, closed her book and sat up, her hair falling lightly over her shoulders in a way that almost made Tim blush for some reason. He had been trying not to think this for the past couple of days and he would certainly never admit it out loud but... Dabria was cute.

"If I wanted Bruce's help, I would've asked."

"Well... I mean you are here. You stayed. So clearly, you want his help." Dabria swallowed hard.

"I'm here so he can help get Adelaide into a nice home. I'm not here for me. Bruce can't make me train with you all." Tim shrugged.

"No, he can't but..."

"If you say 'His house his rules' I'm going to drop you through a portal." Tim snickered.

"I was just going to say that he wants to see your powers up close. He wants to know what you can do so he can help you learn control and..."

"How is Bruce, a guy who doesn't even have powers, going to help me learn to control my own?" Dabria interrupted Tim. Tim pursed his lips.

"Bruce is smart. He's dealt with other her-" The word died in his mouth when he saw Dabria glare at him. He cleared his throat and started again. "He's dealt with other people who had difficulty controlling their powers. He knows a thing or two and if you let him see what you're capable of, he'll be able to understand your powers better and be able to help you understand them better." Dabria frowned and looked away. 

"Is he going to make me wear tights?" Tim laughed.

"No. You can come as you are." Dabria took a deep breath and stood.