⥈ chapter eighteen: FIRST KISS ⥈

« chapter xviii: FIRST KISS »

Tim had been meaning to talk to Dabria for a while, not just about the Council of Shadows but about what Damian had said to him

Tim had been meaning to talk to Dabria for a while, not just about the Council of Shadows but about what Damian had said to him. Could Dabria really like him? She wasn't just teasing him? Joking around? Tim knew Damian wasn't. Damian rarely jokes about anything. 

But it was kind of hard to talk to Dabria now a days. All she does is eat, sleep, and train. Even out on patrol Dabria didn't say much. She used to talk all the time, sarcastic one liners to bad guys, general taunting and teasing of him and Damian and Bruce on occasion. But now she was laser focused, always looking for another fight, always one step ahead of them all in terms of going somewhere and she always hated when they returned to the mansion "too early". It didn't matter what time it was, for Dabria, it was always too early.

"Phantom, you need to take a breath." Bruce said one night.

"I am breathing." Dabria had said, glaring at him through her mask. "I'm fine."

"You're not."

"Don't tell me how I feel." Dabria would say before she would portal away to a different part of the city, looking for trouble. 

Tim knew that it wasn't a good time to talk about feelings, especially since Dabria was so wired. A lot of things seemed to set her off recently and nobody could tell if it was just her nerves or because she was loosing control of herself. Could Malum really be trying to take her over as they sat around the dining table? As she slept down the hall from them? Nobody was sure. Tim at least wanted to let her know though, that he was here for her. 

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"I knew I would find you here." Dabria pushed some of her hair out of her eyes as she looked over at Tim. He was shirtless and wearing a simple pair of workout shorts. His hands were already wrapped. He cracked his knuckles and stretched out his fingers, smiling lightly as Dabria held out her own hand to stop the punching bag from hitting her.

"Where else would I be at.." Dabria glanced at the clock on the wall. "Four in the morning." 

"Asleep." Dabria tugged on her ponytail, tightening it and wiping at the sweat on her forehead.