⥈ chapter fifteen: FEAR ⥈

« chapter xv: FEAR »

Dabria breathed out slowly, trying to picture the fire that had covered her entire body just the night before but either her lotus position was incorrect or her breathing was because she couldn't conjure up a single little flame

Dabria breathed out slowly, trying to picture the fire that had covered her entire body just the night before but either her lotus position was incorrect or her breathing was because she couldn't conjure up a single little flame. "You can do this." Daria scoffed and glanced back at Tim. 

"Don't you have somewhere else to be?" Tim was standing across from her in a loose t-shirt and shorts and damnit if he didn't look cute as hell.

"You're the one practicing in the middle of the Batcave." Tim said. Dabria was sitting in the most uncomfortable position Tim could imagine in just a pair of yoga pants and a sports bra. Although this was her regular outfit, Tim sometimes wondered if she felt uncomfortable wearing those clothes in a house full of boys. If it bothered her though, Dabria didn't let it show. 

"It's the least flammable portion of the house." Dabria argued.

"No, the least flammable place would be the pool out back." Dabria frowned at Tim. "Just saying." Dabria rolled her eyes at him. "What were you even trying to do last night? How did you... Catch fire?" Dabria sighed and ran one hand through her hair before shrugging.

"I don't know. I was just thinking, Wouldn't it be cool if I could punch someone while my fists were on fire? Then I could do double damage. That's what I was thinking and when it happened, I was trying to concentrate... On not letting the fire die. I didn't even realize I was covered in flames until you yelled at me." Dabria said with a shake of her head.

"Well why don't you try thinking like that again?" Tim said, walking closer to her. Shit. Dabria could swear that Tim's muscles had muscles. Why did he look so fit?

"You think I haven't Drake?" Dabria demanded, trying to not stare at him, even though they were talking. He shrugged.

"Well have fun. I'll be in the gym." Dabria huffed and watched Tim walk away before she closed her eyes again and went back to concentrating on the fire that had burned around her so easily the night before. 

It had been easier than breathing. It had felt powerful and perfect and that's why it had unnerved her. She hadn't really felt like... Herself while she was consumed in that ever glowing, unquenchable fire. Dabria thought the water would put it out but wasn't surprised when it couldn't. This fire wasn't something that simply surrounded her. It burned deep within her.