Chapter Five: The Invite

Chapter Five:

Omniscient
Keith had finally known what he wanted to get the Cuban boy. Keith had asked Shiro to get him a portable CD player. Although the prosthetic arm male had questioned why he wanted it, he is a good brother got it for him, and a CD just for good measure.

Now Keith was spending his free time jinxing and hexing the Muggle object to actually work and not go haywire on the school campus. He was receiving help from Katie, of course, both in concealing it from Lance and finding another spell to be placed on the CD Player to make it work.

And while Lance was trying to think of something to do for his birthday. So now, there Lance was at Friday nights dinner, sitting alone at the Gryffindor house table watching Katie talk animatedly to Keith who would chuckle and respond to her. The reason Lance was alone was that Lance had managed to get in trouble in his class with Hunk, and Hunk taking the blame for him. Lance was pissed at himself for letting his best friend take the blame. He had also overheard Shiro and Keith talking about his birthday gift.

"Something sentimental? Something useful?" Lance muttered playing with his food. "Like what?"

Rover, Katie's grey owl with unusual green coloured feather tips, flew down and landed on his owner's shoulder a letter tied to the owl's leg. Then a sudden idea popped into Lance's head. His Mamá. Lance quickly sat up from his seat and quickly exited the Great Hall climbing the moving steps to the Gryffindor common room.

He needs a letter to get to his mother. Then he needs to talk to Keith, well the whole group. He was going to invite them over for a few weeks before his birthday.

Dear Mamà,

Lance started.

Seeing as Summer break is coming up, I'd like to know if I could invite some of my friends to stay with us for a couple of weeks before my birthday. You already know and met Hunk, and I'll be inviting him as well, if their allowed, I'd also be inviting two of my new friends. Their names are Keith Kogane and Katie Holt.

This is one of my shorter letters and I  know, so hows Luis, Veronica and Marco? How are Marco's kids? And how is Alison's pregnancy coming along?

And before you ask, I'm doing well in both my well-being and my classes. Hunk is also doing well.

Lance stopped for a second. How should he finish it? It's definitely shorter than his usual letters to his Mamà but he didn't know what else to say, but yet, he felt the need to say more. But what? He didn't know what to say.

Love you Mamà,
From Lance

Lance placed his letter in an envelope and left the common room set out for the owlery.
***

Keith
"Pidge!" Keith suddenly shouted, making all eyes in the Ravenclaw common room fall on him, this was out of character for the raven-haired boy so it had shocked his housemates.

"What?" Katie asked, turning in her seat; which was beside him so he had no reason to shout.

"I finally figured it out! It works! Lance's gift works!" Keith exclaimed, he was holding the portable CD player in his hand.

Their housemates looked away, it was just Keith being Keith. Katie took the CD player and placed the headphones on her head. Pressing the button to see if they actually made it worked.