Chapter Eleven; His Birthday |Part One|

Chapter Eleven; His Birthday |Part One|;
Thursday, 28 2016 [4:40am]

Mamà McClain
Mamà McClain woke up earlier then usual that morning. She went downstairs to the kitchen started taking out baking and cooking supplies, as well as her recipe book. First the lovely woman started baking her son's favourite chocolate cake. As she mixed the chocolatey batter, she started gathering ingredients to make the birthday boy's favourite pastries for breakfast.

Soon she placed the cake in the oven and placed her focus on the the blueberry pastries. As Mamá worked the old radio played old Spanish music lightly in the background, as it usually did. The aroma of the baking chocolate cake filled the kitchen as she once again opened the oven to place the pastries in.

Then the joyful woman moved on to cleaning up the finished ingredients and pulled out the ingredients for icing and custard. Evangelina McClain working the icing, dying it a deep blue; The same deep blue as the ocean, the family's favourite place to visit. As the Cuban woman finished with mixing the icing into its deep blue her timer went off, telling her that the cake and pastries were ready.

She pulled them out of the oven and let both cool. Evangelina moved to start working on the custard. Soon she finished the custard and placed it in the fridge for the time being, until breakfast. Soon the cake cooled and Mamá removed it from its pan. She placed it on base and started decorating it: First, she iced the cake and in the deep blue icing. Then, she made a beach water line with brown sugar. In faded yellow icing she wrote, 'Happy Birthday, Lance, may the ocean always being your eyes.' A note that was always written on his cakes.

Thursday, 28 2016 [6:17am]

Keith
Keith awoke cuddling something, he groaned and stretched soon followed by him opening his eyes. They widen upon see a certain Cuban boy peacefully sleeping. Keith blushed deeply and tried to move away from the passed out boy but his slight movement caused Lance to stir and roll towards him, bringing his hands to his face as he continued to peacefully sleeping.

Keith rolled himself away from Lance and got up. Now came the task of not stepping on anyone. He glanced at his surroundings, noting where everyone was before moving. Marco and Allison cuddled on the couch, Rachel curled up against a pillow, Veronica's head and arm hung off the love-seat. Pidge hugged her pillow and crouched against it, then you had Hunk, who was sprawled out just in front the coffee table.

Now that Keith knew where everyone was, he was able to avoid and step over everyone. Keith walked into the kitchen to find Mama McClain busting around the kitchen.

"Morning miss," Keith greeted.

"Oh Keith, morning dear, but stop calling me miss, Evengelina or Tiá." Mama McClain asked.

Keith nodded lightly with a small smile. He reached for a cup from the cupboard then headed for the sink.

"What are you doing up this early in the morning. Especially with the position I found you and Lance in this morning..." Mama McClain slipped in with a knowing smirk and a raised eye brow.

Keith blushed, almost dropping his glass. Was his crush on Lance that obvious? Or did this woman had a gift of seeing though teenagers; A mother's superpower. Or, hopefully, she's just messing with him since she saw their sleeping position.

"Uh, yeah.. we must have ended up in that position while we were sleeping," Keith answered.

Keith places the glass under the tap as he filled it. He coughed awkwardly.

"Blueberry pastry?" Mama offered with a smile, "I'm in need of a taste tester."

"Actually, sure." Keith smiled, taking a pastry and taking a bite.