Chapter Nine: Let's Go To The Beach

Chapter Nine: Let's Go To The Beach;
Thursday, 21 2016

Lance
Katie had placed her stuff on the bottom buck on the other side of Rachel's bedroom. Sighing to herself and looked to Keith, who was awkwardly listening to the online conversation with one of the girl's calling him an 'hottie'. Keith was quickly turning to a blushing mess.

"Hey, Lance! You gonna show emo over here where he'll be sleeping or what?" Pidge called over to the preoccupied Cuban boy.

Realization once again dawned Lance's face. He nodded and the three soon left Rachel's room, walking towards Lance's room.

As Lance reached for the door handle the door opened revealing a tall woman with short brown hair.

"Oh hey Lance," the girl greeted. "And company."

"Veronica?! What you doing in my room?" Lance asked.

"I was helping Xavier look for Jaxson, so if you find him catch him please." Veronica asked of her brother, walking down the hallway into another room.

The three enter Lance's room. The walls were painted a nice blue, and on those blue walls were many pictures of young Lance with family members and older Lance by water. Some metals hung on his wall too. A twin size bed sat against a wall with two other mattress layer on the floor.

It was a mess, but a clean mess.

"Who's Jaxson?" Keith asked.

"My nephew's tarantula." Lance answered, with batting an eye.

"Your nephew has a tarantula? And your cool with it running around your house?" Pidge asked, concerned. "An eight eyes eight hairy legged creature is crawling around this house?"

"Uh, yeah, he's obsessed with insects so Veronica got him Jaxson. Mamà and Rachel freaked at her -"

Lance was cut off by a horror movie like scream.

"Veronica!" They heard Rachel scream, "Why the fuck did you not tell me Jaxson got out!"

"Language Rachel!" Mamá McClain called from downstairs.

"Veronica! Come and get this fucking thing out of my fucking room." Rachel screamed, her door slammed and the teenagers saw her run pass the door and down the stairs that led to the kitchen.

"Don't make me smack you!" Mamá McClain yelled.

The three looked at each other then laughed.

"Does stuff like that usually happen?" Pidge asked.

"Yep, Rachel usually pins things on Veronica just to make a deal outta things. I'm pretty sure it was Nicolás who let Jaxson get out." Lance answered, taking a seat on his bed.

"At least they found it," Pidge sighed relieved.

"What? Scared of a itty bitty spider." Lance teased.

"You don't even want to know." Keith muttered.

Lance wiped his head towards Keith, a mischievous smirk playing on his lips. "Oh Keithy, do tell."

Pidge lunged at Keith, covering his mouth with both hands.

"Nope, nope, no way. We do not need to relive that horrible prank." Katie said, a side glare was sent at both of the boys.

Throughout the already loud house, the three heard a screen door shut, then Evangelina McClain's voice called up the kitchen stairs telling Lance, Hunk was back. The stairs creaked and soon Hunk appeared in the doorway. The huggable boy greeted his friends with one of his signature loveable hugs.
***