Chapter Twelve: His Birthday |Part Two|

Chapter Twelve: His Birthday |Part Two|;
Thursday 28, 2016 [2:10]

Lance
Vanessa returned almost an hour later. Although she had time to cool off, she went straight to Rachel's room. Veronica soon followed her.

Lance knew there was something up. Something him, Rachel, and Luis didn't know about. He was haft tempted to follow his sister when someone tapped his shoulder and said his name.

"Lance, wanna play war with us?" Keith asked.

"Yeah, sure, prepare to lose," Lance answered.

The game of luck began, Hunk lost all his cards within four rounds. Pidge in twelve, leaving Keith and Lance the only ones left. In the end, Keith ended up winning.

Soon everyone was called outside, where Papí was standing over the barbecue grilling burgers patties. Marco's kids raced outside and started playing in the small house set. Around three, the McClain extended family started showing up and the living room, kitchen, and backyard had a lot of people.

Lance was soon dragged over to the play set to be the 'Weird Space Uncle' from a new kid show they were watching. Lance smirked and ran over the Keith, then dragged him into it.

"Okay, then the 'Weird Space Uncle' gets to have a 'Soon to be Dead Boyfriend.'" Lance decided as he dragged Keith over.

Lance's younger cousins, nephew and niece agreed to his condition just cause they wanted both boys playing with them. Lanoce's made up name was Rhys and Keith's was Alfor by Lance's decision. Which Keith had a few things to say about.

"Seriously, you first drag me over to be your fake boyfriend for a game, then name me after a teacher of ours? Why?" Keith asked.

"Because he's amazing, and let's be get away with anything," Lance answered.

"The trouble maker, and Gryffindor Golden boy. What a combination." Keith rolled his eyes.

"I'm not the Golden boy, I'm not Lotor." Lance defend.

"I never said you were like Lotor - if you were I would never talk to you, I do see you get special treatment sometimes. Especially from Professor Coran and Alfor." Keith explained.

Lance rolled his eyes. Lance then turned to his little cousin and asked what the show was called.

"Lions: New Defenders." One suddenly shouted with a lot of enthusiasm.

Keith was slightly taken back and tried to slowly step away. Lance grabbed his wrist and pulled him back, with a; "Nope!"
***

Thursday 28, 2016 [3:02]

Vanessa
She sat in Rachel's room, her phone in her hand and headphones on her ears. The window was open and between her fingers was a lit cigarette. As she placed the lit cancer stick on her lips, there was a knock on the door.

"Fuck." She muttered, putting out her cigarette and closing the window.

"Vanessa? You in there?" It was the voice of her Mama. Vanessa did know that she would probably show up there since it was Lance's birthday.

A silent groan escaped her lips. "Yeah, Ma."

"Can I come in?" Emilia Sancheź asked.

An audible groan came from the room, and Emilia couldn't help but think Vanessa was drinking again. Then a sigh.

"Fine."