The Rock Pool

100,000 years ago.

"I told you Bai Zhi, my daughter is not going to Kunlun Mountain as a damn Disciple." The Fox Empress yelled at her husband for the third time.

"My dear, I told you it's for her own good, she's just too mischievous, she needs discipline and a stable routine.  Nothing we say or do is making any difference to her behaviour." he replied sighing deeply.  It was the same argument and he was tiring of it.

They had been arguing all morning over her, and Bai Qian was becoming tearful.  It wasn't the first time her father had raised the issue with her mother, in fact she had lost count of how many times he tried to persuade her, but her mother always stayed strong in her belief that her daughter would not gain any advantage in attending an all boys school, no matter who ran it.

"Do you have any idea what that will do to her growth Bai Zhi?  She is not a male, forcing her live as one will cause immense harm.  Every single one of her feminine charms would be twisted, her mind will end up confused." her mother argued back.

"Charms? She's about as charming as a dead log!  She's more boyish that Bai Zhen for goodness sake and all the more reason why the school would be perfect for her." Bai Zhi replied calmly, which to Bai Qians ears sounded as if he had made up his mind and her mother would have no say in the matter.

But to her relief, her mother held fast.  "Now listen here Bai Zhi, you have no idea what challenges will lie ahead of her under that man...." though she did not get to finish as Bai Zhi cut in quickly.

"Oh, so its not about her at all, but rather Mo Yuan?  He is the most revered High God to ever walk the Realms, why would you be so adverse to our daughter learning under him?" he asked puffing his chest out.  Mo Yuan had been his friend and brother since they were his daughters age, so if anyone had the right to judge the man it was him.

On and on they went, both of them throwing out the same rapid responses to the same points they always made, and Bai Qian knew it would go on for some time, her mother was turning red in the face and her father had taken several steps back, meaning both of them were dead set on their own points of view.

But as she watched and listened tearfully to an argument that would no doubt raise its head again in the near future, something that always happened after trouble found her, the more upset she became.  She might be just a mere 30,000 years of age, but her father was being so unreasonable.  Her mother was making very valid points, ones she agreed with, but he would not listen.

In the end, she quietly closed the door to their chamber and left them to it no longer wanting to hear her mother cry, which is how the argument always ended.

Instead she fled to the only place she knew of that could ease her tears and still the echo of her fathers roaring, which is where they were in the argument she left.  Once his voice reached that stage, her mother would start screaming to drown him out until she burst into tears.

Arriving at the Peach Tree Grove and knowing that Zhe Yan was there, she purposely avoided the little hut and him because he was the reason for their argument in the first place, having caught her mixing a powerful narcotic she had stolen from the Mortal Realm, into a new batch of his wine. But instead of thanking her for enhancing the strength of his brew, he had grabbed hold of her ear and marched her back home, before tattling to her father, because according to Zhe Yan, she had ruined his entire batch of wine. That ingrate! she thought angrily. 

Still in tears and upset with them all, save her mother, she stomped through the Peach Tree Grove kicking the trees and throwing spark spells at the petals on the ground in anger, sparks that should have seen them burst into flames, except the fizz died before the fizzle leaving them unharmed and ignorant of her presence.