An Unwanted Disciple

100,000 years ago

Watching as Zhe Yan came into view, Mo Yuan left his meditation cave just as he arrived at the rock pool. 

"Mo Yuan have you seen Xiao Wu?  She's about this high." he said holding one hand up in the air at waist length.  And her mouth is about this wide." he said stretching both hands out at his side.

Chuckling Mo Yuan floated over the water towards him.  He could feel the childs energy some distance away and moving quickly to put even more distance between them.

"I take it you mean Princess Bai Qian, Bai Zhis daughter?" he asked smiling at him.  He had thoroughly enjoyed his conversation with the girl, it had been a very long time since he had sat and talked with any child younger than his Disciples, especially one as outspoken as her.  And now knowing who her parents were, he fully understood.  Her mother was just as outspoken when she was younger and her father was just as mischievous, it was what drew them to each other in the first place, but to realize the girl was even more so, he couldn't help but laugh at the karma.  

Nodding, his head, Zhe Yan looked at him sideways.  "You met her?" he asked, having heard the laughter just a few minutes earlier.  

"I certainly did, and she definitely takes after her parents." he said straightening his robes and preparing to leave.

"Did you see what direction she went?" he asked looking around, though the moment Mo Yuan sent out another feel for her energy, he realized she had gone, no doubt back home.

"What did a girl that little do to upset you so much?" Mo Yuan asked looking at him a soft smile.  Zhe Yan wasn't normally one to anger, especially with children, he normally had a lot of patience for them.

"Care for a drink, I know I do and I'll tell you all about it." he said moving away from him.  

Even though he knew his Disciples would be waiting for him, he suddenly found an interest in this child, she fascinated him.  And that she had obviously done something wrong to anger Zhe Yan to this extent, and enough to have her parents arguing over whether to send her to him or not, he had to know why.

_________________________________________________________

Returning to the Fox Den, Bai Qian quietly slipped back into her room unseen, not even Mi Gu had noticed her, and usually he was always on the look out for her energy, though being a tree sprite, he was not strong enough to feel her energy when she went into Fox form, so normally he would hang around the entrance whenever she was away, especially when she was in trouble, and going by the argument that had gone on all afternoon, he knew this time she had caused serious mischief, because not even Bai Zhen would help her out this time and he always stuck up for her.

Though the moment she flew back into her true form, Mi Gu immediately felt her energy and breathed a sigh of relief.  The last time she had cause mischief this big, she disappeared for three days.  That time at only 14,00 years of age, she not only ran away from home after receiving a spanking for setting her fathers scrolls on fire, she had sneaked into the Celestial Palace, and having made her way into the armoury, she had set off several boxes of fireworks she had found.  Not only had the Heavenly Overlord Mo Yuan ordered the entire Celestial army into the air, but Bai Qian upended every weapon in the armoury in her frantic desire to escape.  

Eventually she was caught and dragged before Lord Pua, who demanded the culprit be taken straight to the punishment Rock without even a trial.  But finding out she was not only a child, but also the daughter of the Fox King, she was eventually sent home after receiving a very harsh talking to.  At that time, Mo Yuan did not have the pleasure of meeting her, but he did get a full report.  And unknown to Bai Qian, she had actually highlighted serious breeches in their security, so Mo Yuan did not claim his right to punish her, though her father did.