A High Immortal

49,800 years ago.

Gently lowering her to the ground, Mo Yuan held onto her for a while longer before he allowed Zhe Yan to take her from him only to have Bai Zhen lift her out of his arms instead, then bowing his head at Mo Yuan, he slowly carried her back to the little hut to rest, while humming a little tune to her as he went.  She would be out for at least three days as that was how long it took for the new energy to settle within the body.  

"I did not know you were here Mo Yuan." Zhe Yan said with a wide smile.

"Just as well I was, she could have been hurt." he said also smiling but feeling just as excited as Zhe Yan was to have witnessed her ascension to High Immortal.  

And like Mo Yuan, Zhe Yan too had felt the power of the energy, and from experience he too considered the strength of it to be out of the ordinary.  It was immensely powerful, that he began to worry.

"That energy is powerful Mo Yuan.  Maybe a little too much." he frowned as Mo Yuan walked with him back to the little hut.

"It certainly is, it dispersed my barrier." he said with a light chuckle, only to cease when he saw the frown on Zhe Yans face.

"Can you imagine how strong it will be when she reaches High Goddess?" he asked, which had Mo Yuan thinking hard.

Both his mother and Shao Wan had been the most powerful women of their time and it was looking as if Bai Qian was going to be just as powerful.

"The Foxes rarely use magic Zhe Yan, so she has already accumulated an enormous amount of cultivation  And with her ascension, the strength of it would have trebled.  In time she will reach High Goddess, so her power will be unparalleled." he said and bringing Zhe Yan to a halt in mid stride.

"Well that does nothing to ease my fears Mo Yuan.  She is still just as mischievous as ever and just as stubborn, only being older and a little more knowledgeable, her mischief, when she does pull it, is far more advanced and therefore harder to contain.  With this new energy, I can only see a hard road ahead of her." he replied grimacing back at him.

Sighing at him, they continued walking.  "She is still young Zhe Yan, in time, and with a little more life experience, things will settle." he said to allay his fears and to give hope for the future, one he intended on being a part of, though keeping that to himself, Zhe Yan merely scoffed back at him.

"That would definitely put my mind at ease, only she goes nowhere to get life experience Mo Yuan.  In fact she spends far too much time here among my trees and one particular rock pool in the hope of seeing one particular Water Sprite." he replied dryly as the hut came into view along with Bai Zhen who had returned to his fishing rod.

"Well it is understandable.  I gave her fifty thousand years of my time.  That is forever to a child Zhe Yan, so of course it will be difficult to let go, they are her precious childhood memories." he said stopping so as not to disturb Bai Zhen.

"Well, things are about to change.  Bai Zhen is taking her to the Festival of Peaches.  Since she will not allow us to find her a husband, she can find one for herself.  He will be introducing her to the world and of course the worlds young men" Zhe Yan said, not at all missing the almost imperceptible twitch of Mo Yuans brow.

"Oh? And what makes you think she will take a husband after the last endeavor to see her married?" he asked quirking his brows up at him.

"Whether she chooses one or not, her face will become known to the world.  They will come in droves and when they do, she will have no choice but to be surrounded by them, eventually one will take her interest, she can't hide from them or the world forever." he answered him with a chuckle.