Ascension

49, 800 years ago

Walking slowly through the Peach Tree Grove in deep thought, Zhe Yan watched Bai Qian intently.  There didn't seem to be anything wrong, she merely looked to be taking a stroll, something she did more of lately but he did notice something else that had his eyes narrowing in on her.  After a few seconds of scanning her aura, a small smile began to grow.

"Zhen Zhen, look at her.  What do you see?" he asked forcing the boys head up from his fishing rod that had caught nothing the entire day.

Looking into the grove from the other side of the Jade Lake, Bai Zhen focused on his sister, until he too noticed the subtle change in her aura.

"Her ascension to High Immortal is almost upon her." he smiled back at him.  "Do you think she knows?" he asked as both men watched as her aura flared unevenly about her body.

"If she did, she would have said something. You know she can't keep anything that big to herself." Zhe Yan replied chuckling, or anything for that matter, he thought to himself.

"It's rather late coming though.  She's eighty thousand years old." he said frowning as the memory of his own trial came back to him.  He had been forty five thousand years old when he ascended, and his brothers had been around the same age.

Rolling his eyes at him Zhe Yan merely laughed as they watched her move deeper into the grove.  "She's always been a little slow Zhen Zhen, so it is fitting is it not?" he asked which earned him a soft chuckle.

"I think you might be right." he said laughing as she continued to walk through the grove with her head down, completely oblivious to them both.   So many in their world ascended late in life and some never ascended at all, though that was rare.  Usually the ones that did not ascend at all, were not destined to an Immortal life, but were rather catalysts for the ascension of others.

"Is she still searching for the Water Sprite" he asked as he watched her completely disappear towards the rock pool which Mo Yuan had left open having removed the barrier completely so she had access to her Lotus.

"Initially she had come almost daily after he left, then it lessened over time, but now and then she seeks him out even though she tells me it she is visiting merely for her Lotus, but we all know her Lotus no longer needs energy boosts." Zhe Yan replied, turning his smile to a frown.

"Then why don't we move her Lotus to Qing Qiu?" he suggested which only had Zhe Yan tilting his head head with a look that told him his question was stupid.

"She leaves it here because it gives her a reason to visit the rock pool and hopefully him." Zhe Yan replied.  Though if he wasn't a little afraid of her temper, he might have done just that.  Her outbursts at times could be quite impressive when she got going.  

"But Mo Yuan had made it clear to her on their final day together that it was to be his last visit with her as he was needed elsewhere."  Bai Zhen also frowned.  He had not realized she was still seeking his advice.  Mo Yuan had left her two hundred years ago, that she was still seeking him out had him turning back to Zhe Yan.

"With her Ascension trial due to hit any day, I think we should start a serious search for a suitable marriage alliance.  She needs to move on and marriage will settle her." Bai Zhen said looking directly at Zhe Yan whose brows rose considerably.

"Zhen Zhen, the last alliance we tried to arrange for her, she sent a declaration of war against his tribe.  It took both her parents with the help of Mo Yuan, to prevent their entire army from throwing themselves at  Qing Qius barrier." he sighed, though he did agree with him.