Dissension

19,995 Years ago

Returning to the stone table where her parents were waiting for them, Bai Qian bemoaned the fact that her spell had not worked when it should have.

"In my fox form, my power is at its strongest Mo Yuan. You do realize you have started something don't you?" she asked grinning at him.

"Started something?" he asked.

"Yes. Now I am not going to be able to let it go until I have enchanted you." she said giggling madly.

With her hand in his, they had almost made it to the bridge which would take them over the Jade lake towards her family who were watching their arrival closely. But stopping her one last time, Mo Yuan brought her hand up to his mouth and kissed the tips of her her fingers.

"I'm afraid it will never work my dear. These hands enchanted me the day they rang the Bell of Kunlun." he whispered, before almost dragging her back towards her family.

"Mo Yuan, it took a vast amount of energy to get here at the speed we traveled, you could have at least been waiting for us." The Empress chided him as they finally reached the stone table having left their Eastern Estate hours at dawn, and being mid afternoon, they were tired and not happy to be kept waiting.

"Forgive me Empress Bai, I have been impolite." he said bowing his head lightly in her direction while Bai Qian politely curtsied to both parents.

Taking a seat, Bai Qian remained standing to serve tea as the conversation quickly turned to the date Lord Pua, Di Jun and Mo Yuan were proposing.

"The tenth day of the eighth month is the only auspicious summer date which is when we would like the wedding held. Also the ceremony would need to take place between the last cry of the owl and the opening of the Lotus." He said which was just as dawn hit and before the sun fully rose off the horizon.

"Well I am more than happy with the date Mo Yuan, but the time might be a problem. The elders attending would find the early hour a little hard to manage." she said thinking about her own people and those who were on the invitation list, which was most of them.

"I understand, however, it is the only auspicious summer date available, and as you are aware, timing is just as important." He said while Bai Qian sat beside her father and remaining quiet. This conversation was only for Mo Yuan to deal with, though she would jump in only if her mother became difficult which they were all expecting her to be.

"Yes I agree that timing is important, but it can be altered to accommodate our families." she insisted. "The hour is too early, so I cannot agree with it." she added stubbornly, which earned a soft sigh from Zhe Yan who also sat back saying nothing.

"Is there another suitable time Empress?" he asked keeping the smile on his face, but they all knew he was losing patience.

"Don't think I don't know what you're doing Mo Yuan.   There is no other auspicious time, but what I am saying is, the elderly will not manage such an early start, and they are just as important to this family as Bai Qian" she said sternly.

But the blank look Mo Yuan gave her, said he understood but was not willing to compromise.  Taking a deep breath and not really wanting an argument seeing as they were talking about a wedding of great significance, she understood Mo Yuans reasoning for the time.  Time was very important and if that was the only auspicious time, then she knew she really had no choice in the matter.  

"Fine, but provisions must be made for the elders who will be attending.  I expect they will be comfortably housed." she said sniffing the air lightly while the rest breathed a sigh of relief.