The Announcement

19,995 Years Ago

The following three days were a whirlwind of activity for Bai Qian.  For a woman who had lived so reclusively, it was exceptionally difficult for her, but for Mo Yuan, she put on a smile and kept in place for the entire ordeal.

The first day was a quiet meeting with Di Jun and then Lord Pua.  Of the two, she absolutely fell in love with Lord Pua.  Though she had only ever heard of his harsh punishments which he handed down without a second thought.  He was just as revered as Mo Yuan and was considered to be of the Elite, so she already had preconceived ideas about the man before she met him.  But she was pleasantly surprised to find that he was far from the omnipotent High God that she had in mind, in fact, he was the complete opposite.

Jovial, cheerful, welcoming and most humble.  She instantly struck up a rapport with the man.  

"I never thought the old bastard would marry." he said winking at her while gaining  a stunned giggle from her and an eye roll from Mo Yuan.

"Said the older bastard who has also yet to marry." Mo Yuan laughed.

Listening to them banter to and fro, she couldn't help but laugh at what the rest of the world would have seen as sacrilege.  That two highly revered High Gods cursing and throwing insults at each other without a care in the world was the highlight of the first three days.  She had thoroughly enjoyed her time with him, and between the three of them, a tentative date was set for 7 months time when the next auspicious date would fall, though this would also have to be discussed with her parents.  And being in the middle of spring when the peach blossoms would be in full bloom, she couldn't have been happier.

And throughout the whole meeting, he had talked to her as if she were the most interesting person he had ever met, while treating her as part of the furniture in that she felt so welcome and comfortable in his presence, that she wondered how on earth he had gained the name of 'Executioner' when he was warm and genial.  His good natured disposition instantly had her at ease, that by the time it came to leave, she knew she had just made a new friend, one she couldn't wait to meet him again.

Leaving his private Palace, she clung to Mo  Yuans arm as he led her back to his own personal Palace, the same one she had unintentionally found herself when she ran from the Festival of Peaches and almost knocked Di Jun off his feet.

Her meeting with him had been nerve wracking for her.  The man remained reclined against his resting stool the entire time.  

"The two men are so different to each other Mo Yuan." she said as she compared the two.

"Oh?" he asked smiling at her knowing what was coming.  

"Well I mean, Lord Donghua is so....." she hesitated trying to think of an appropriate word that wouldn't have her facing lightening bolt punishment.  She might be a High Goddess, but he was the most revered of them all.

Stopping in mid-stride, Mo Yuans grin widened.  He knew exactly what she was trying to convey.  

"Inscrutable?" he asked, his eyes twinkling down at her.

Looking up at him grinning, she nodded.  "Yes Inscrutable.  He is an enigma.  I just don't get him Mo Yuan.  I mean,I don't know if he likes me or not, or even if he knew I was even in the same room....." she trailed off now feeling as if she said any more she would dig a certain hole for herself.

Laughing at her Mo Yuan knew what she meant.  "Don't let him bother you Qian Qian.  I have known the man since I was a child and even I don't understand him, but I can tell you that he definitely likes you." he said lightly flicking her cheek with his finger.