A Deeper Understanding

19,995 Years Ago

Waking three days later as Mo Yuan predicted, Bai Qian opened her eyes. It was late at night, but it took some time for her to acclimatize herself with where she was.

Initially, she wondered if she was in the mans hut on his side of the forest because the little hut in the Peach Tree Grove was where she was still resting. But the familiarity of the room soon came back to her as she took in the furnishings, candlestick holders and the tray that held wine and refreshments for when she awoke.

Was it a dream?, she wondered to herself. But she knew it wasn't. She too was aware that her trial was nearing, and as she thought a little over her trial while still acclimatising herself to reality, the sudden realization that Mo Yuan had been the man in her trial had her thinking very hard on what exactly had happened between them.

Now that she was back in her own mind, she dwelt hard on the most primitive way she had acted. She could still feel the raw desire for him, but still disorientated, she tried to piece together not only the events of her trial, but more so her disposition and the almost animalistic way she had sought out his company. Embarrassed, she wondered if Mo Yuan had truly accompanied her on her trial, and if so, what would he think of the most crude and vulgar way she had acted, she thought to herself blushing profusely.

But closing her eyes again, she forced him from her mind as she then went back to her cave, the forest, the hunting and the solitude. Surprised at how she had coped with only the very basics, she knew then that she had utilized much of what her Water Sprite had taught her in order to survive. She recalled hearing his voice whispering a long-forgotten lesson when things became too difficult to manage.

And that had her thinking of her Water Sprite. Mo Yuan had been the man behind the waterfall all that time, yet she had never taken it upon herself to question his identity or even why he came day after day to teach her even though at the time she didn't realize he was. His lessons were always fun that she had treated them as a game and in the process, she had learned so much. In fact, she had taken so much from him, yet thinking about it now, she realized that not once had she ever thanked him.

But he also accompanied her on her trial, though she doubted he would have had a part in it, he would have been thrown in head first along with her. But how much of his true identity did he retain? Did he purposely manipulate her trial to coax her to him, or had he also lost his memories and powers she wondered next.

But as she then moved back to thinking of her time with him, the vision of him exiting the lake suddenly had her clutching at the blankets so tightly that her knuckles whitened from the stress. And it wasn't just the vision of his completely naked body that had her gasping softly for air, but the sudden rush of heat that was fast filling her loins at that very moment.

Red faced and embarrassed she forced the image from her mind as she took several deep breaths to bring her body back under control. And as she relaxed herself again, she began to dwell more deeply on the differences between her true self and her primitive self. She would never have acted the way her primitive self had acted, just the thought of how brazen she had been in her desire for him, once again had her forcing it back down.

But her mind soon brought him back again, when she remembered their final moments together, and the overwhelming desire for his body. In her true form, she was most prim and proper, but in her primitive state she was the complete opposite. She told him exactly what she wanted, and openly desired him, even making it very clear that she wanted more than just embraces and soft kisses.