Coronation

30,000 Years ago

"Di Jun, why don't you go, you haven't been out in the Realms for some time.  It will be good for our Fox friends to see your face, and of course get to know their new Leader."  Mo Yuan said as he placed the invitation down on his table.

Sitting across from him in Mo Yuans chamber drinking tea, the ancient God looked at him with a small smile. "Why don't you go, the invitation was to you and besides I am busy these days." he replied and keeping his eyes firmly on his face.

"Busy doing what?  Sleeping?  Drinking Tea?" he asked smirking back at him.

Looking at him, Di Jun knew full well why Mo Yuan didn't want to go.  The gossip surrounding him and the Princess of Qing Qiu had been relentless over the years.  He knew the man was purposely avoiding them because of it.

"Look, It would be best if you go.  You don't have to stay for the full duration, just the coronation.  Smile your lovely smile and then leave." Mo Yuan replied though to Di Jun, there was a definite hint of begging in the undertone.

"Besides, you have never met the girl, it would be good for her to meet the worlds most revered God." he added with a smile of his own, knowing how vain the man was even though he didn't show it.  Di Jun loved compliments, and Mo Yuan rarely gave them to him.

"Fine,  but it really is a burden, I am taking time from my day to attend an event you should be attending."  Di Jun said with a twinkle in his eye.

Putting both hands up in the air as if in surrender Mo Yuan laughed.  "Alright, I owe you a debt, but I am grateful Di Jun, you know how people talk, I just don't want anyone to get any more silly ideas into their heads.  It is her special day, it should remain one. " he replied ecstatic, which saw Di Jun rise to prepare himself to leave.

Mo Yuan had received the invitation months ago, but having put it off until the last moment, he had summoned Di Jun to call in a favor.  And as he watched the Great God walk away, his mind went back to that day.

Had he known the maid who had led her back to the main entrance would spill her mouth to everyone who listened, he would have escorted her directly home himself.  However, not only did maid suggest that the Princess of Qing Qiu had all but thrown herself at him, she also informed the entire Palace that the Princess was so loose of morals , that she had even seduced him in his own chamber.

Not only did every young woman there run with the story, but the mothers of every young man that attended the Festival, refused to allow any of them to apply for her hand in marriage.  And it didn't help that her past antics were also dragged up and thrown about at every flapping ear that hung onto every word.  In effect, the maid had created a situation that only time would heal.  

Though a few hardy boys did take it upon themselves to approach Bai Zhi for her hand, Bai Qian had been so devastated by the harsh gossip, she all but closed herself off from the world again, and refused to attend any more functions.

Nor did she return to the Palace.  Though once the gossip had reached her which her family had tried hard to keep from her, she immediately fled to the rock pool desperately begging her Sprite to return. But Mo Yuan refused to budge.  In his mind, she needed to sort this one out for herself.  Because he could no longer trust himself around her.  

The spark he had felt between them had been very strong, but he knew she just wasn't ready for him, but he did leave calming energy at the rock pool to help her mind find some peace.  And eventually, she did settle.  The visits to her Lotus became less frequent until she stopped coming altogether.