Pirates Treasure

19,995 Years ago.

Contrary to Mo Yuans plans to wait until Bai Qian had reached High Goddess before he made a move to claim her, he found himself not only being swept up in the euphoria of first time love, he barely kept his head as they were both led on a journey of self discovery and a growing love for each other.

Plans always had a way of making their own, so in the end, he gave up on trying to keep some order to their relationship.  She was not the kind of woman who would be led, and nor would she be happy to know he had been planning their future for almost twenty thousand years.  Instead, like her he allowed fate to lead them, and so far he was more than happy with the progress.

But he was also not willing to make their relationship known just yet.  She too wanted the privacy and intimacy to remain between them.  This was more because any marriage to him, would automatically see her thrown onto the world stage.  Becoming the Heavenly Empress, would require her to move away from all that she knew in order to take on the role that their world saw as precious and just as revered as his own role, and being so reclusive, he would not rush her.

And always there was the reminder of the past gossip, he could not allow her to go through it again.  When he did take her for his wife, not only would she be a High Goddess, no one would dare to say a word about their union, her or what they thought of their relationship.  She would be untouchable, and this was his defining reason for waiting.

Her ascension was growing closer, she he ensured they spent every spare moment together so she felt comfortable enough to come to him when it was over, because he felt, that because her fate was leading her to a grand finale, her trial would be that much more difficult to overcome, they always were when ones life path held greater advantage over the rest.

But for now, he was enjoying every moment with her.  They had enjoyed many dates over the years, some were more memorable than others, but the memory of their very first date would forever remain with him.  As much as he had wanted to take her completely that night, he had not.  Instead they had not only shared a meal and a glass of his fine wine, he had left her in no doubt as to his feelings for her.  He kissed her several times again that night, but always his mind would return to their very first.

There is something about a first kiss that immortalizes ones emotions and feelings so the receiver will forever remember it, he thought to himself smiling.  There were no mistakes made, no regrets and certainly no room for thoughts.  It was one moment in time when their minds and emotions became one and the only witnesses were the soft glow of candle light and the light rain of peach blossoms.  This was the one moment that he knew for certain that they were meant for each other.

Now heading towards Qing Qiu to collect her for yet another date, one that he would allow fate to lead them on, he arrived to find the Foxes out for the day, having been met by their tree sprite Mi Gu.

"The Empress and Emperor are out for the day." he informed him shyly.  "Bai Zhen and High God Zhe Yan are at the Peach Tree Woods." he added before taking a step back.  

He knew the Sprite was intimidated by him, but Mo Yuan had always tried to instil friendly relations with everyone who graced their world, and though he was used to the reverence and high esteem placed on him by those who saw themselves as lesser beings, he was always kindly and understanding and Mi Gu was one such being he did not want feeling uncomfortable around him, knowing the Sprite was a treasured member of the Fox Den.

"And Bai Qian?" he asked softly coaxing the man to tell him where she was seeing as he only ever turned up to visit with her.

"Oh." he said suddenly laughing and throwing his hand into his inner pocket.  Then removing a small envelope, Mi Gu gave it to him.  "Gu Gu asked me to give this to you." he said hanging his head in what looked to be a bow but mingled with a shy blush.