Epilogue

Present Time.

"MEI LIHUAMo Yuans voice boomed across the courtyard as he flew out the door in a rage with Bai Qian running behind him in a panic yet again.

Whenever Mo Yuan used the girls full name, everyone knew she was in trouble again.  Normally they called her Mei, or sometimes Lihua, yet all too often, Mo Yuan had taken to calling her by her full name.  It seemed to Bai Qian, that their daughter was in trouble more often that not, only this time, she did not think she would be able to prevent Mo Yuan from punishing her harshly, but she had to take a few seconds to admire her daughters bravery, not even she had thought of doing what her daughter just did.

"Mo Yuan, please calm down." She called out as he ran furiously towards their daughters chamber with her hot on his heels.  

"I swear that girl is going to be the death of me." he raged as he threw the doors to her chamber open, only to find it empty.

Quickly jumping in front of him, Bai Qian grabbed hold of his arms to bring him to a standstill.

"Mo Yuan.  She's just a child.  A mere ten thousand years old.  She doesn't understand what she did was wrong." she tried to mollify him, while forcing him to look at her.

"All the more reason why she needs to learn." he snapped angrily down at her as the sound of running feet in the corridors drew closer along with yelling and shouting.

"Heavenly Father, Heavenly Father...." his guards yelled out as they flew into the courtyard to his daughters chamber.

"What is it!" he snapped as Bai Qian let go of his arm.

But the moment they pointed towards the Grand Hall which they could see in the distance, both he and Bai Qian were already cloud jumping ahead of them.

Screeching and roaring, an enormous Phoenix battered itself against the dome of the Grand Hall which had his maids running in fear for their lives.  Screaming in terror, the maids only agitated it more that it then turned to attack them.

It took both Mo Yuan and Bai Qians enormous effort and energy to bring the beast under control before it killed someone.  And by the time Lord Pua arrived to assist, the animal was hyperventilating in fear.  Taking the beast back to his own Palace to tend to its wounds and to ascertain where it had come from, Mo Yuan and Bai Qian did not need to know.  They already did, and this time Bai Qian knew with absolute certainty that she would no longer be able to save her daughter from Mo Yuans anger this time.

"Find her now!" he roared at the guards who did not need to be told who, they also knew.

"Mo Yuan please calm yourself, she didn't mean to." she defended her but even to her ears it was weak.

"Qian Qian.  Every time that girl puts a foot wrong, you are not far behind protecting her.  This time, you will stand back, because I will punish her." he snapped harshly as he rose up the steps to the Grand Hall to await the arrival of his daughter.

Sitting down heavily, Mo Yuan was not looking forward to punishing her, but enough was enough.  Not only had she stolen his personal seal from his study, she had used it to demand all manner of things from the worlds leaders including clothing, accessories, make up, jewelry, and even specially catered sweet treats. 

All morning, thousands of parcels had begun to arrive.  There were gold and gem encrusted hair pieces, gowns in silk and satin, even a diamond encrusted pair of slippers.  Leaders sent his daughter gifts all the time, because she was the ultimate marriage alliance, but when horses, dragon eggs and a snow leopard arrived, he knew then that something was not right.  And of course with the arrival of a fully grown Phoenix, it was the last straw.