15: Noah

15: Noah

            Waiting for Leigh's reply was torture. Sure, he had flirted with her before but he hadn't directly admitted that he liked her. What if that scared her off or something? What if she had a boyfriend? Noah ran his hand through his hair and frowned. Surely she didn't have a boyfriend. She had flirted back. Plus, Leigh didn't seem like the type of girl that would string someone along. Nevertheless, he knew he had to know the answer. Noah didn't want to break up a relationship.

            He couldn't stop jittering until Leigh left, leaving her note on the table. Again, he waited a few minutes after her departure before creeping up to her desk and taking the note back to his seat.

            The Princess Diaries
            By Meg Cabot

            Noah sat there and stared at the note. He had practically confessed his undying love to her and she replied back with book recommendation predominantly aimed at the female population. It took Noah five more minutes of staring at the words; willing a hidden message to reveal itself. But when the words started making less sense than they initially had, he finally decided to check out the book.

            As soon as he pulled it out, a note fell to the ground.

            I kind of like you more than I like Michael Moscovitz.
            Vampire Academy
            Richelle Mead

            With the book and note in his hand and his heart in a frenzy, Noah searched for the next book.

            And I kind of like you more than I like Dimitri Belikov.
            Storm
            Brigid Kemmerer

            Each word was like a drug; he was addicted and couldn't get enough.

            And I kind of like you more than the Merrick brothers combined.
            City of Bones
            Cassandra Clare

            Leigh. Stop being so perfect.

            Oh, and I kind of like you more than Simon Lewis.
            Every Day
            David Levithan

            David Levithan's books were at the bottom of the shelf so Noah dropped to the floor and slid it out.

            So, yeah. I kind of really like you too.
            - Leigh

            Noah laid down on the carpet and grinned stupidly at the ceiling. Leigh liked him back.

            P.S. This book. This book.
            Read it.

           Life couldn't get better.