26: Leigh

26: Leigh

            As Leigh waited in line at The Queue, she thought of Noah. It was just after school and she was ordering a chai latte, along with one of those killer donuts Noah had given her on her first visit. She planned to stay, sit down and read for a little bit before heading to the library.

            Leigh loved The Queue; the smell of coffee, the warm and comfortable atmosphere. She had never considered the local university before, but after discovering the little coffeehouse nearby, she was now thinking it would be a brilliant opportunity—good coffee, comforting place, near Noah.

            Oh, Noah.

            Everything led back to Noah.

            She picked up her order and headed over to one of the small tables with her book tucked under her arm. As soon as she sat down, she opened her book and pulled off the sticky note she was using as a bookmark, she started reading, occasionally sipping her beverage and keeping an eye on her phone, for any new messages from Noah.

            After Leigh finished reading the chapter she was on, she placed the sticky note between the pages and closed it. She drank the remainder of her coffee and gathered the rest of her things, ready to leave. But as she picked up her phone from the table and grabbed the empty cup, Leigh could feel someone watching her.

            She glanced up for a short second and caught the boy's eyes for the briefest of seconds before he looked back down, pink blooming on his cheeks. Leigh recognised him as a regular at the library; the boy with the messy hair and the glasses who sat three seats behind her. He had broad shoulders and a perfectly shaped jaw, a bit of stubble on his chin.

            Was he Noah?