19: Noah

19: Noah

            Since it was a cold night, rather than blankets and pillows, everyone drove down to the space in front of the screen and sat in their cars. Even though Leigh would have no idea which car was Noah’s or who to look for, he still threw on his best shirt and admittedly, a little aftershave. He had driven down early to get a good spot and after a few minutes of waiting, he noticed Leigh had the same idea.

            She was parked three or so spaces away in a small, navy car, hair wavy and tied into a ponytail. She looked nervous as she leaned over to look into the mirror and reapply her lipstick. Leigh nervously chewed on her lip, realised what she was doing, and then quickly checked her teeth for stains. Noah couldn’t help but smile.

            Everything she did made him smile.

            As time passed, more cars surrounded them, making it harder to see her. And by the time the movie started, it was dark, which only made it more difficult. There were three cars between Noah and Leigh. From what he could see, there was a couple in one car, a family in another and two elderly women in the other.

            Throughout the movie, whenever Noah’s favourite parts were shown, he tried to look over at Leigh to see if she was reacting the same way. But he must have been looking over too many times because the guy in the car next to him, flipped him the finger. Noah frowned at the couple, apologetic and embarrassed, trying to use his eyes to explain that he wasn’t trying to check out his girlfriend.

            No.

            He was way too captivated by the girl three cars away.