Chapter 3: Failure is Not an Option

Gotham City 7:28am

"I am not Richard, I am R and I am here to eliminate you just as my master ordered me to." His eyes widened before balling his fists. 

"No your not! You are my big brother, RICHARD PLEASE!" I gave a dark chuckle causing his yelling to stop almost instantly, I began to walk in his direction.

"No, I am not. But I know you Damien Wayne, you were an assassin at one time but the Batman just had to have you thanks to your wrenched mother Talia Al Ghul." He eyes widened more than before, he stepped back about 2 paces. Cute he was going to try to run, lets play tag then shall we. Sure enough he took off full sprint dropping a his sweater. I laugh before running to, I had to admit it he was pretty fast but master taught me to be faster.

I managed to catch him pushing him into an ally, brings back memories right Tom. I laughed causing my laughter to echo threw the ally, the clicking of my boots did as well.

"Well look at this another ally, I guess old habits follow." His dark everest eyes looked at me, of coarse he couldn't see mine. I never saw mine, never really took off the mask for any reason. He dropped his bag and pulled up his fists. Cute a fighter, I like it that way. I lift up glove up pulling up his combat styles and weapons.

"Well lets see here ROBIN, you have hand to hand combat, swordsmanship and a little bit of a gun fanatic probably from Red Hood or should I say Jason Todd." His fists grew tighter before closing his eyes even tighter.

"Why are you doing this? please just stop come home. Everyone misses you, don't you remember them?" His eyes opened and his fists dropped. I watched he face closely to see if he was just playing with me, but he wasn't. I watched as his body relaxed, before shaking. My eyes trailed up at him till meeting his eyes again, tears. For some reason I felt guilty but why? I began to think of the name he kept calling me by, Richard? 

"Why do you call me Richard?" His eyes shoot up to look at mine with bewilderment before wiping his eyes.

"I had a brother, a big brother. He died a couple years ago and you look exactly like him. I thought you already knew this, you know with all the information you already said" My eyes narrowed before remembering the information I gained from the last night.

Brothers(Adoptive: Richard Grayson(Now diseased), Jason Todd, Tim Drake

He bent down and grabbed his bag, still keeping his eyes on me. I eyed him curiously as he slowly pulled out a photo.

"My brother was part of a group, the Titans." He said as he slowly walked over and showed me the photo. I smiled a little before grabbing my head, pain spiked.

"AH!"

"Damien stop complementing the enemies!"

"Kory!"

"Raven vs Beastboy, Begin"

"This is our new team mate Tera."

"Their a nice group Damien, just give it a try."

The pain continued to circulate threw my head. Those people looked familiar, and the voice sounded like ........mine. Was I gaining my memories back? I grabbed my head a little softer before shaking the pain away. I looked around but the boy was gone, leaving me and the photo in the empty ally way.

----------------

Wayne Manor  8:02am

Damien raced home, hoping that R didn't see him. Before he left R freaked out, what happend to him? Damien shock the questions away before opening the manors doors. Damn I forgot my sweater and the photo. 

"Master Damien? You are suppose to be at school, are you alright?" Alfred hurriedly walked over to Damien placing his hand on his head.

"No, Pennyworth I'm not sick but I met our assassin!" Alfred looked worriedly at Damien before rushing over to the phone and dialing up someone.

"Hello, yes this is Alfred Pennyworth can you please get Master Bruce." Silence.

"Hello, Bruce Wayne speaking."

"Sorry to bother you sir, but master Damien ran into your assassin from you earlier night activities." Silence again.

"I be home in 10 minutes, called the school Damien is sick today."

"Yes sir." Then he hung up, and nodded at Damien. 

-----------

"YOU WHAT!" Master yelled, making me flinch before looking at the floor again I had to explain that I had lost my target. Master stood up and walked down the stairs.

"You know what happens when you fail a mission, correct." He asked as he circled me, kind of like how a vulture circles the dead. 

"Yes, sir." I close my eyes waiting for the order to hurt. I waited for what seemed like 20 minutes before opening my eyes. Master wasn't there, I began to look around, before feeling his presence behind me. He had burned me before, stabbed, kicked , froze, starved, any toucher you could think of. Tera walked around the corner looking at me with a sad smile before walking back.

3 days later

The door opened finally after 3 days of starvation, beatings and being placed in the freezer. Tera ran in with medical supplies and immediately began to work on me. My body felt like it had been beaten, ripped apart and put back together again. After 20 minutes she stopped causing me to look at her. 

"You can't stay, you have to leave." I looked at her in curiosity before looking at all my injuries. I broken arm, two stab wounds, three broken ribs and my body was thin. Almost like a pringle chips-

"OUCH!" 

"Sorry, I had to tighten your arm bandage or it will never heal right." I nod before looking at her again.

"We are leaving after this arn't we." There was a long pause, filling with our breathing before answering.

"In his eyes, failure is not an option but we won't last. We need to leave while we still have a chance. OUR next mission is tomorrow, that is when we leave." 

--------

To be Continued.....

Word Count: 1052