Chapter 18: Not the Same

Previously on Faded Bird's Memory:

I nodded my head before grabbing my drink. Thanking the woman before tipping and making my way out the door, only to be stopped by a strong set of arms. I slowly turned to see that it was the boy in the green.

------

Gotham Cafe 

Richard's POV

I was surprised to see the boy in green hugging me. Well I acted surprised, Slade gave me some background information on the Wayne's and the next of kin after waking from my coma. This boy being one. 

Name: Damien Al Ghual Wayne Aka Robin

Father: Bruce Wayne {Living} Aka Batman    Mother: Talia Al Ghual {deceased}

Age: 14

Hair Color: Black   Eye Color: Green   Skin Color: White

Sibling(s): Richard John Grayson {Deceased}, Tim Jackson Drake {Living}, Jason Todd {Pending.} 

Lived with his mother and grandfather from birth till about 4 years ago. Bruce Wayne then adopted him and named him the new robin. 

I calculated how I was suppose to approach this situation. Slade said that he did not want me running in to them. Glancing down with a gentle smile.

"Um sorry kid but do I know you?" of course you do, idiot he is an enemy. There was no answer and now movement of getting away. He just held on harder as if I was to disappear. The other boys from earlier jogged over before smiling.

"I'm so sorry, he has been out of it for a while. Im Jason and this is Tim." As he looked down at a sniffling Damien. A boy who had put on a brave facade since well everything was now a sobbing broken little boy. No assassin.

"And that is Damien." He slowly peeled the boy off me, slowly pulling the boy to himself.

"Ah." I said fixing my jacket before looking back at the Jason.

Name: Jason Peter Todd

Father: Willis Todd{Deceased}    Mother: Cathrine Todd{Deceased}

Age: 22

Hair Color: Black with White Patch   Eye Color: Blue    Skin Color: White

Sibling(s): Dick John Grayson{Deceased}, Tim Jackson Drake{Living}, Damien Al Ghual Wayne{Living} 

Lived with his parents before being orphaned to the streets of Gotham. While stealing the Batmobiles wheel encounters Batman. Batman adopts him and names him the 2nd robin. Died in an explosion made by the Joker. Was revived by Al Ghual and took the anti-hero name Red Hood.

"Well it was nice meeting you but I have work to attend to." And with that I left, ignoring the shocked faces and headed by to the hideout.

You wouldn't believe it but I lived in one of the apartments close by. Walking down the cold concrete before unlocking my door. Tossing the keys in the dish and closed the door. I lived here during the day and at night I would go to the Warehouse. 

Grabbing my laptop and flopping onto the couch. Flipping up the screen and began typing. After an hour I felt a vibration that snapped me from my sleep. Drool falling from my face as I quickly looked at the notification on the screen.

It is time

-S

Smiling I closed my laptop and bounded over the the shelf. Looking around before pulling a blue book, making the unit flip revealing my new and improved suit. Well I mean it was, now it has cuts and bullet holes from my training sessions with Slade and Joker. Crane occasionally would throw some fear gas in to add to the difficulty. But now I'm ready and I will finish my mission.

---------

Damian's POV

I felt like an idiot, crying like a baby. Of course he didn't know us, scarecrow and his-

"Damien." I looked up quickly to see both Jason and Tim looking at me worriedly. 

"It- Im Im alright Todd. Plus we won't loose him, not this time!" He gave me a confused look, while I reached into my pocket reveling nothing other then my phone. On the screen was a red dot, and it was on the move. Tims eyes widened.

"A tracker." He looked back at me with a smile before looking at Jason.

"We have to tell Bruce and fast we can't loose him again. This is our chance." Jason nodded before sending a smile at the pair of us. 

"Well lets go." He said before racing out of the cafe. No matter what we will find you Grayson. 

---------

It has been about 3 hours since our encounter with Dick, and the tracker has not moved. I looked over my shoulder watching Jason and Tim talk as father walked down the stairs, stoping at Dicks first Nightwing costume. I would constantly teez him for it. It was close in resemblance to his new one.

It was a all blue spandex full body suit. At its collar was a scarf like design, around his arms were yellow like feathers giving him a somewhat like bird look. On his chest design the blue would cross making an X. Its kinda funny looking at it again, it brought lots of memories.

"Why Nightwing?" I asked Grayson, he and I were sitting on the couch. Well I was, Grayson was sprawled out looking at the televison up side down.

"Superman gave me the name. Said that it once belonged to a powerful Kriptonian." His face focused on me now.

"Then how did you come up with the name Robin? Father told me that you chose your name." This time he was sitting all the way up and standing in front of me.

"I chose the name Robin, because well. M-My mother said I looked like one when I would fly from one bar to the other during the circus. Its the last memory I have of her." He was looking at the ground. I could tell it was a sensitive subject.

"My suit, the Robin suit was made by my mother. Alfred added pixie boots and a cap then slap a mask on and its Robin." Looking at me with a smile.

"Dami?" I looked up to see Tim, he looked at me with a sad smile before hugging me tightly. Wet tears fell down my face making me realize I had been crying.

"I promise we will get Dick back. Come on little bird, its time." I nodded into his chest before feeling another embrace from the back, turning slightly to see it was Jason. 

------------------------

To Be Continued.....

Word Count: 1,129  

Hiya guys! I made this chapter, I'm sorry it was late I have finals this week and last week had been full of school work, tests and my birthday. I hope this is good for you guys and I promise to make another chapter either today or later tomorrow as to make up for lost time. But until then Meghan out!