Chapter 9: Poisoned

Justice Mountain 9:25pm

Damien pounded and pounded on the glass, watching his brother fall to the floor. Tears streamed down his face as his hits became weakened with each cry for someone to help him. After his brother figured out who he was, he decided he was going to end there sorrows, but didn't relize the cost of that. Finally Damien fell to the ground crying, Jason looked at his younger brothers. Grayson may have been the favorite, bossy and even sometimes stubborn,  he was their brother, and he just sacrificed himself to save them. Now it was their turn. Jason stood back aways catching everyones attention.

"J-Jason?" Damien sniffled before looking at him. Jason charged forward jumping with full body impact, making the spider web crack spiral before shattering. Making the crystals drop to the ground making little clatter noises. 

Batman jumped over him and raced to his son. Richard was laying side ways, his blue eyes closed, his suit torn. Blood everywhere around him and the worst part he looked paler than a ghost. Bruce tore off his cowl before pulling Richard closer, placing him in his lap and setting out instrutions to the younger ones around.

"Jason, I need you to find his pulse. Tim get some medical supplies. Damien come here." Jason and Damien raced over as Tim raced out of the room. 

-Damiens POV-

Father wanted me to stay next to Dick, talk to him. To keep him conscious, but he looked so far gone. My hand grabbed his before crystal tears fell on his. His hands were ice cold, but sweating. Jason jerked forward.

"His pulse is dangerously low, we need to stitch him up now or he will be gone again!" My eyes whiped around to look at my brothers pale white face. He was going to die? Tim raced in from behind me, my mind going one hundered miles per hour. I watched as they ripped the top of his suit open. Yelling back and fourth before they moved revealing all the bruises, scars and battle wounds he recieved from the fight. To me, he didn't deserve all of them, he put himself infront of others to protect them from pain and hurt.

"You wanna know something, boy?" Joker paced around the chair that I had been bound in for many hours.

"What?" I said shaply gaining a smile from the clown.

"The first boy blunder never broke, EVER. But when I discovered who he really was, I found his greatest fears." I eyes him carefully, ushering him to continue. As I had only heard little of what my brother feared.

"He was afriad of not being good enough for batsy, not being able to save everyone. No he was afraid to loose family or friends. After that day I paralyzed batgirl, I had mr.Grayson. I told him how lovely her screams were, and boy did he break faster than glass." The clown cackled.

All of the pain he took for others just added to his. For some reason to me, if he did die today. To me he wouldn't be in pain, he would be protected from the evil.

"BRUCE!" My head shot up as father raced around Jason and to the side of Grayson. Artemis and Me'gann began to cry harder. Kid Flashes face pailier and Kulder and Connor couldn't help but frown too. 

"No pulse, beginning compressions." 

"1"

"2"

"3" 

a breath

"Come on Richard" Father began to pump faster and harder. Tears threatening his own eyes. Counting again before another breath.

"Come on, Come on Richard!" I reached over grabbing is hand, making him spin around knocking me backward.

"No! He will live, I can't lose him again!" Jason ran around me before shoving Father away, Tim came to me. My ears ringing none of Drakes words being received, only yells. 

"Stop fighting!" Both Bruce and Grayson were at it again.

"Bruce what the hell is wrong with you, you could have gotten yourself hurt. No actually all of us, what were you thinking?!" Bruce walked down the steps and too the computer, ignoring Grayson.

"I don't need to tell you, it is none of your concern." Father said dryly. Grayson's eyes widened before walking faster than before and grabbing Fathers arm.

"Actually the well being of my family is my concern, even when it comes done to a gun to a boys head." Earlier that night I got sloppy and was used as a tool to bring Batman and Nightwing to the thugs. They had demanded for money or they would blow my head up. Fun. 

"No, no it doesn't. As for what happend with Damien is my concern, and I will deal with it." Grayson set his head down, suddenly interested in his feet. A dark shadow covering his blue eyes.

"You can say that till one of us actually gets hurt and never gets up. Then you can tell me what matters to me." Father looked down at his feet before spinning around.

"Dick im sor-. Dick?" And like that Grayson was gone.

---

Jason pushed Bruce back, seeing his father hysterical like this hurt him. He was cut from his thoughts when he received a punch from Bruce sending him into his brothers. Damien quickly jumped up sliding over to Grayson's side. Something caught his eyes, his chest! It was rising and falling. Before he knew it Bruce was hurting and fighting his sons, sending Damien over Grayson and into the window before.

As Damien stood Bruce was readying himself to punch Todd, who was pushing Timothy behind him. A body rushed forward catching his hand, making Bruce's blue eyes widen. Grayson stood there panting, still pale but sweating like crazy.

"No-N- No more Fighting-" He said out of breath before tumbling down to the earth. Waiting for impact for what seemed like days. Opening his eyes and seeing who caught him. Damien.

"H-hey Dami." He said giving his signature grin. That smile was certainly missed threw the entire team but little did they know that little sunshine was fighting the poison Slade put into him during their fight.

"Hey." Damien smiled before hugging his brother tight. A grunt caused the boy to let go a little before looking at his brother. He passed out again but he was breathing fast. Something was up.

Damien traced his wounds to the main hole in his side, swiping up a purple liquid. Damien smeared it a little before smelling it. Poison!

"Grayson has been poisoned!?"

----------------

To be Continued.....

Word Count: 1,129

Hey guys, I personally wanted to that you for all of you patience. It has taken much strength to continue threw life. But seeing all the comments made me smile, and now in return I give you the next chapter. Thank you for all your prayers. But until next time, Meghan out!