Chapter 11: Nightmares

Place: Unknown  Time: Unknown

Grayson's POV

I heard Bruce, though the rest of his words were a slur and my environment was a blur. I know something happened to me. Waking up and seeing Bruce attacking the boys, the frantic yelling and crying, and the apology. I blinked having a wave a dissyiness hit me before darkness consumed me once again. 

*Plit* *Plat*

The sounds begin to get louder, edging me to open my eyes out of curiosity. Rain, that was the sound I knew all to well. When Bruce was on business trips or in his study I would be in my room starring. Starring at the water droplets as they would be born of gray clouds and die slapping the ground into a million little crystals. 

I finally opened my eyes, my environment a total mystery. Only a single light lye on the ceiling giving me so familiarity. I was lying on the ground which caught my attention as peculiar. Just a second ago I swore I was with Bruce? I shuffle a little moving my hands in front of me before moving my legs up. Clinking of metal sounded as I shuffled my legs causing me to look at the darkness that held my answer. 

A cackle sounded making me freeze, how? How was it possible he died. The door opened blinding my eyes, making me flinch before they adjusted. There stood the Mad Clown himself and beside him his queen in her famous attire with her beaten bat at her side. My blood ran cold as he slide down pulling my head up meet his eyes. 

"Hello Birdy Boy! Uncle Jay is so excited to see you again! See it was getting boring when you left Batsy, but now now we can have some fun again!" I flinched at the word fun. His version and mine were complete opposites. 

"Mista J has missed ya bird boy, and so has Lucille." She said with a smile as she ran her finger down the bat. She had named the thing that when she had mentions a childs name. Her signature bat was covered in barbed wire, and I can say I have had some experiences with it. I yanked my hair out of Jokers grasp as I pushed up to at least stand on my feet. The chain stopped me from moving away. 

"Awe lookie mista J, hes tryin to get away." Joker smiled before skipping over to Harleen and whispering something in her ear. Her eyes widened and so did their smile. My heart ran fast when she skipped out the room closing my only exit. My hope shattering like my bones when he had me last. 

Joker took my distraction as an opportunity as he jumped, tackling me to the cold floor.

"Lets have some fun!" He said darkly before he chained my arms, clicking a button bring me off the floor by and inch. Harleen skipped in with a camera before steping a could feet infront of me with the biggest smile that would put the Joker's to shame. 

"Hello people of Gotham, I have a fun night planned for this evenings entertainment. See I found a birdy and thought hey why not have a little fun with 'em." He placed the camera on a tray not to far away before flicking out his switch blade. 

"Ooh do me a favor birdy, sing for ya uncle jay."  I looked up at him giving my signature grin.

"Try me." he grinned in response as he  flew forward a began his torcher, a torcher that was going to cause a near death memory.

@ Wayne Manor

The boys and Bruce were upstairs eating breakfast even though Damien said he wasn't hungry. Jason and Tim fell of their chair as Alfred raced past the door and into the kitchen. Damien knocked over his now floor breakfast and Bruce was wearing his coffee(Lol I know this is suppose to be serious but just imagine LMAO). Alfred caught he breath before he explain to Bruce what was happening. As soon as Alfred spoke they all raced down to the Batcave.

Once they reached the stairs they heard it. The alarms were going crazy and Grayson was thrashing around. Damien jumped over the stairs and raced over to his brother. Grayson was attempting the yell something but was chocking on a mixture of blood and purple foam as he thrashed around. The alarms showing his heart was racing at a speed not normal for an average human. He was killing himself.

----------

To Be Continued....

Word Count: 756