seventeen

seunghoon

BEFORE I go to work, I see a car in Minho's driveway.

I watch the driveway until a woman walks out and gets in the car. I'm trying to wrap my head around everything as the woman drives away, and I'm left standing there, still trying to sort through the questions in my head.

It causes me to be late to work.

I rush into the office and quickly sit down at my desk, hoping no one noticed.

Tough luck.

"Seunghoon," Andres addresses me, walking over toward my desk. "You're late today."

"Yes, I'm sorry, sir," I tell him.

He sighs. "I don't care why, just don't be late again."

"Yes, sir."

"While you were gone, I talked to some of the other senior officers. We're gonna have a training session today, so I suggest you be there. It'll start about one thirty."

"Oh, yes, of course," I tell him. "I'll be there."

He nods. "Good."

After he walks away, I'm able to relax.

But I can't entirely relax.

Did Minho have a girl over last night?

No, he couldn't have. Her car wasn't there last night, just this morning.

Then did he have a girl over this morning?

Maybe that's why he's been acting so weird. Maybe he's got a girlfriend or something.

But why wouldn't he tell me about it?

I'm his best friend. Best friends tell each other everything, right? And especially if it has to do with a girl.

Maybe it's not a girlfriend. Maybe they're just friends, but in a non-friendly way.

I laugh to myself as I walk over and get coffee.

I always knew Minho was still a player at heart.

Not sure why it was during the morning, though.

Anyway, I'm glad he's got someone. I just wish he would've told me about it.

I pull up my computer and quickly search up the news. I look through the headlines and videos and articles about the smoke attack on this building last night.

Lucky for us, no one was hurt. Unlucky for us, we didn't catch any of the perpetrators.

Tons of news outlets are reporting about the attack. They're wondering about the strange "A" symbol on the building and asking if this is a new Noctura gang or terrorist group. They're also asking why they would just throw smoke and vandalize the building instead of shooting at the AAN members.

Teagan was working when the attack happened, but she was safe inside the building. They sent most of the workers home after that, so I'm not sure if Teagan saw the symbol on the building or not. I'm sure she has, though. If she didn't see it in person, she definitely saw it on the news.

This was the Alliance. They staged this attack.

But why?

Why throw smoke at an AAN building and draw your symbol on it?

They're trying to send a message. They're letting us know they exist, they're here, and they're willing to protest.

Maybe they're even willing to become violent.