fifty six

minho

YOON AND Jinwoo both decide they want to come with me.

I told them it's going to be very dangerous and risky.

We have to go back to the fourth sector.

They're ready and willing to take the risk.

We all have masks on and hoodies pulled up over our heads. We head out of the Alliance base, moving through the alleyways. The darkness shrouds us like a blanket, making us feel a little safer.

But we can't feel safe. We can't let our guard down.

I'm leading them because I'm the only one who knows where we're going. Yoon is the designated person to keep a watchful eye out for AAN members. He always does this, though, so he doesn't have to think twice about it.

Of course, Jinwoo and I also look out for anyone who might be eyeing us. But so far, we've been hiding in the darkness of the alleyways, making our way through the streets carefully and strategically, so we won't be seen.

We're able to safely cross over the border into the fourth sector.

We walk a little further and everything seems eerily still.

"Wait!" Yoon suddenly whispers.

We immediately crouch down against a building, trying to make ourselves invisible.

"Hear that?" Yoon whispers. "Voices. And footsteps."

I can hear it now. He's right. There are voices and footsteps outside the alleyway, seemingly moving toward us.

We don't move and stay silent.

"Yeah, yeah, that's what I heard."

"Oh, really? I thought it was tomorrow night."

"No, are you crazy? It starts tonight, I'm telling you."

Two figures begin walking past the end of the alleyway.

"Well, I better hurry up and get home, then. I don't wanna miss it. This is a really important game."

"Obviously!"

Their voices eventually fade out.

Once we can no longer hear them, I motion for everyone to start following me again.

The rest of our journey is quiet. We only see a couple people walking around. Most people don't come out of their homes or offices at this time of night. It's too dangerous.

I stop everyone in an alleyway, right next to the building I need to go into.

"Okay, you two stay here," I explain. "I'm gonna go try to see if I can get into the building. If I can, I'll call you over."

Jinwoo and Yoon both nod.

I make sure the coast is clear before leaving the alleyway, walking right up to the front of an apartment building.

I check the door to see if it's locked. It is.

I let out a sigh.

I move over to the call button on the apartment building and press the button next to Loftis.

There's a crackling sound. Then a familiar voice.

"Hello?"

"Mariela, it's me, Minho."

A second of silence.

"Come in."

The door buzzes and I quickly grab it, unlocking it.