sixty seven

seungyoon

THE HOSPITAL is crowded with people wounded from the war. Some of them are soldiers and fighters, others are civilians who wanted no part in the war but somehow ended up wounded and in the hospital.

Despite this, we get Teagan a room.

She's sharing it with someone else, but that's fine. As long as she's in a bed, hooked up to a monitor, fluids and medication being administered to her through an IV, it's okay.

She's still unconscious. The doctors say it's because of her loss of blood, dehydration, and shock. They got her a cast for her wrist and bandaged her shoulder up better. They say she should wake up soon, in good condition. But not good enough to fight anymore.

She's lying on the bed in her tattered clothing. They weren't able to get her into a hospital gown since the hospital is crawling with tons of people. They just got her jacket off and cut open her shirt where the wound on her shoulder is.

Her eyes are closed, and she seems to be breathing evenly with the oxygen tube around her nose. There's a bit of blood on her left temple, right at her hairline.

Despite this, she looks okay. And I'm glad she's okay.

Minho cares about her and that's because Seunghoon does.

And if they care about her, I do too.

I grab the writing pad and a pencil from the small table next to Teagan's hospital bed and begin writing out a small note for her for when she wakes up.

This message is important. It contains information I just received moments ago, and I am putting the information in Teagan's hands. I know she will do what she needs to with it. For now, I have to do other things. She will have time for this.

Once I'm finished, I leave the notepad on the table, the pencil right next to it.

"Hey, I got some water."

I turn around and see Jinwoo. I quickly thank him, taking a water cup from him. I down the whole thing in a few seconds and then throw it into the trash bin.

He finishes his and looks at me expectantly.

"We have to get back out there," I say.

Jinwoo nods. "I had a feeling you were going to say that."

He throws his water cup into the trash.

I look back at Teagan, silently praying she wakes up soon and is okay.

But I know she will be.

Without another word, Jinwoo and I leave the hospital to rejoin the fight.