forty

seungyoon

I HEAR the screams from blocks away.

And as soon as I hear them, I run through the streets toward them.

My mask is on over my mouth and nose and my hood is up. No one should really be able to recognize me, but even if they did, I wouldn't care right now.

Those screams were screams of horror and terror.

I need to get there.

I need to help.

When I come up to the outdoor shopping center, horrible images flash in front of my eyes.

Nocturas are attacking and killing innocent people left and right. The humans are trying to run away or defend themselves, but it's not doing much good. It doesn't look like there are AAN members here yet.

I quickly swing my backpack around and dig through it, finding the small case. I quickly assemble my pistol and then put the case back, swinging my backpack around to my back.

Then I move into the center, aiming for the head of the Nocturas.

I take out two before one comes up from the side.

She tackles me to the ground, but I reach into my side pocket and rip my knife out, quickly slitting her throat.

She stumbles away, holding her throat, until she falls to the ground.

I slit the throats of the two Nocturas I shot before. As I do this, I see the tattoo on the side of one's tongue. A dark "M" symbol.

These are the Malums.

"Front lines! Take out any Noctura you see!"

I look back to see AAN members rushing into the outdoor shopping center, shooting at the Nocturas.

I shouldn't be here. This isn't my fight.

But I see a familiar face enter the square, not really together with the rest of the AAN members.

I quickly move over into the shadow of a building and keep hidden behind a small stand so I can watch.

This isn't my fight.

Seunghoon moves into the center, immediately pulling out his gun and knife. I watch as he seemingly effortlessly shoots Nocturas and then quickly slits their throats.

He does this over and over again, only struggling somewhat if one is able to attack him from behind or the side.

He's good. Probably one of the best AAN fighters I've seen.

Suddenly, I hear a shriek on my right.

I look over and see a Noctura moving toward me, his black and purple eyes filled with fury.

My right hand comes up but I'm not fast enough.

The Noctura knocks the gun out of my hand and pins me to the ground. He snarls at me and presses his hand against my chest.

I quickly bring my left hand up, holding the knife, and slice his wrist.

He shrieks again but lets up a little. This allows me to throw the knife into my right hand and reach up to slit the Noctura's throat.

I shove him off of me and he holds his throat, dying.

Then, I quickly get up and look around.

The fight is dying now. There are bodies lying everywhere, both human and Noctura. The AAN members are trying to help their own while the Malums retreat.

Seunghoon is now helping another AAN member. I see there's blood on his clothes and hands.

He's good at what he does.

And I know what he wants.

He wants to take down the Alliance. And he wants to see me dead.

I give him one last glance before sprinting out of the shopping center.