thirty five

lost chapter

SHE SITS at her desk, her computer in front of her. She has an open notebook on her right, a pen sitting delicately on top of it.

She reaches for the glass of water to the left of her computer, taking a small sip.

Her shift started a little over an hour ago and she's been doing some minor tasks assigned by her supervisor. Now, though, she wants to do some research.

Her mouse hovers over the new tab option.

She's about to click when someone walks up to her desk from the side.

"Hey, Teagan."

She looks up and smiles at Seunghoon, who's giving her a large grin.

"Just got off, so I'm gonna head to the training room," Seunghoon tells her. "Are you doing alright?"

"Yeah," she answers quickly. "Just doing some work and stuff."

"Any research?"

Teagan nods. "I'm finishing up some things and then I'll be doing some research, yes."

"You'll let me know if you find anything?"

"Yes."

Seunghoon smiles. "Alright. Good luck."

Teagan gives Seunghoon a small smile and then he leaves, heading for the training room.

She takes a deep breath, opening a new tab.

She begins her work by researching any information regarding the Cobras, Malums, and Alliance. She writes every mention down in her notebook and completes other small tasks on the side.

A couple hours pass and she's finished with her assignments. Now, she's just researching.

But there's not much on the Cobras, Malums, and Alliance. So instead, she searches for labs.

She can't search for labs who are experimenting on humans directly. A lab wouldn't voluntarily give that information out on a website.

But she knows exactly what to look for.

Quickly, she gets caught up in her work, moving from site to site in search for answers. She's trying to find answers to questions that she did not even come up with herself.

But she knows Yoon is going to want answers soon. And she needs to be the one to give those answers to him. Because she also wants to know the answers.

Now that the questions were posed to her, she wants to figure out the answers.

There aren't too many labs in Kraephis. Most of them are used for simple things like creating medicines or vaccines, or more deeply discovering the biology of things.

But as Teagan gets lost in her research, she finds a lab that studies the biology of humans and the difference between humans and Nocturas.

Stanek Lab.

The lab isn't affiliated with the AAN, yet they do research on the biology of humans and Nocturas.

Teagan keeps the tab of Stanek Lab open and searches through some other things.

But she goes back to Stanek Lab, digging a little deeper with her research.

Of course, a lab wouldn't voluntarily advertise that they are experimenting on humans and turning them into Nocturas. The only way to figure out if this Stanek Lab is doing more than they should be doing is to go to the lab and download their encrypted files.