twenty one

seunghoon

MY FIRST time searching houses is pretty boring.

All the houses I search throughout my work shift are normal, seemingly human houses. Nothing interesting happens. No Noctura busts. I don't even find anything remotely interesting.

But once I'm finally done, after giving Teagan a quick hello as she sits down at her desk to work, I head back toward my house.

I'm glad Minho is finally able to spend time with me more. I have to admit, I kind of missed having my best friend around.

I head into my house to change into some more casual clothes. Then, I head over to Minho's house, knocking on his door three times.

He opens the door, giving me a grin.

I grin back at him. "Hey, man. You ready to go?"

"Sure," he says. "Where to?"

He comes out of the house and locks his door behind him.

We start walking down the street together, heading deeper into the city. "Well, there's that bar I was wanting to go to. We could go bowling and then head over there afterward."

"Bowling?" Minho raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah, why not?" I ask. "It's always pretty fun."

Minho shrugs. "You're right. Let's go bowling."

We walk into the city together and head toward the bowling arena. We get our shoes and then get set up at one of the lanes. There aren't a lot of people here. There usually aren't a lot of people out during search days.

"You know how many times we've bowled?" Minho asks as he's picking up one of the bowling balls.

"So many times I couldn't even count," I answer, grinning at him.

He chuckles.

He gets ready and then rolls the ball down the lane, almost getting a strike.

"Nice," I tell him.

Minho gets ready to go again. "So, anything interesting happen today?"

"Not really," I sigh. "No busts. And I didn't even find anything interesting."

"Nothing?" He rolls the ball, getting a spare.

"Nope, not a single thing," I tell him. "It was actually pretty boring. But, it was my first time. Maybe next month it'll be a little more interesting."

"Maybe," he says.

I get ready and then roll the ball down the lane, knocking some pins down.

"So, this bar that we're gonna go to is just a couple blocks down," I tell Minho as I get ready to knock some more pins down. "It's kinda quiet, at least it was when I went a couple times. But I think it's pretty nice."

"Oh, nice," Minho responds.

I roll the ball and almost get a spare, but not quite.

Minho's up.

"Teagan and I went to lunch the other day," I tell him.

"Yeah?" He asks as he's getting ready to bowl.

"Yeah," I answer. "We talked about her life some and she really opened up to me."

Minho gets a strike and grins at me. "Hey, that's cool."

I get up and grab a bowling ball. "Yeah, it was pretty cool. And we also talked about other stuff, too. We talked about the Alliance and that attack the other day."