OBSERVANT

The vacation in Italy came to an unexpected end after Venice

The vacation in Italy came to an unexpected end after Venice. Tilly's younger half-brother, Finn had ended up catching a virus and contracted a fever. David and Zara decided together that it would be safer for Finn to be home rather than overseas, so he would be able to see his regular pediatrician. Zara thought it would also be safer for the two girls as well, so they wouldn't catch anything either.

Luckily, before they rushed back home Tilly was finally able to find a small bookstore that had the book Hermione had recommended to her. She planned to read it during the rest of the time off she had if she didn't finish it on the plane ride home.

...

"Are we going back to dad's house?" asked Tilly when they were settled in back at the cottage.

Zara had just managed to put Finn back down after he fussed to take his prescribed medications. It wasn't out of the ordinary for Tilly to propose this question because normally after their vacations Harper and Tilly go back to their father's house to prepare for school.

"Well, I guess it depends, do you want to go spend some time with your dad?" Zara asked looking between Harper and Tilly.

"I would actually prefer to stay there for the remainder of the break," Tilly blurted, unnoticing to her mothers changed expression.

Zara nodded as she became a little hurt by her youngest daughter not wanting to spend more than the designated time with her. Harper though took notice of her mother's hurt feelings and spoke up.

"I would actually like to stay here with you until the last weekend," Harper said.

Tilly knew Harper didn't want to stay here that long she loves being in the wizarding world because there she is able to practice Quidditch and is able to visit Cedric. Tilly knew the reason Harper was doing this was that she didn't want to hurt their mom's feelings. Tilly wasn't trying to hurt her mom, she would just rather stay with Rueban.

"Alright, Tilly if you'd like to go back to your dad's I could take you tomorrow morning?" suggested Zara still trying to hide the fact that Tilly hurt her.

With a happy smile, Tilly nodded in response.

"That is wonderful," said Tilly, "thanks mum," she hugged her mom and kissed her cheek before running to her bedroom.

Tilly's room at the cottage was much smaller than her room at her dad's house, but she did have a large window overlooking the backyard. With that, she was able to admire the pool which sparkled under the bright sun in the summer and the garden that her mom and David often tended to. On hot sunny days, she would like to sit with her feet in the pool and read a nice book. She also enjoyed swimming when there wasn't an immense amount of people in the same water as her.

The sun started to set making the sky red and orange and Tilly began packing up the rest of her things and setting them near the door. She was excited to return to the wizarding world because she always felt more at home and more herself when there. It could be because she's a wizard but before Rueban and Zara were divorced they all lived in the wizarding world.