FIREBOLT

*~*

*~*

"How on earth have you ever been able to read your notes? Padma, I'm unable to make out what the word might say," said Tilly exasperated, shaking her head at her friend. "If you can't read your notes how do you expect to use them when doing your assigned homework? Can the Professors even read what you turn into them?"

"I just get into such a hurry that I—"

Padma stopped speaking while in the midst of an excuse and a look of horror come across her face. She looked to Tilly with wide and pleading eyes.

"Is this it?" asked Tilly, speaking slowly to Padma. "Have you gone and lost your mind?"

"Don't you hear it?" Padma whispered, and before Tilly could open her mouth to speak loud hollers and stomping was able to be heard coming for the Ravenclaw Common Room.

"They're early," said Tilly, checking the small watch on her wrist. She had timed her meeting with Padma in the Common Room, just so they'd have it to themselves and wouldn't be rudely interrupted. "Why on Earth would they be early?"

Tilly let out a loud groan of annoyance from the couch that she and Padma occupied, when the Ravenclaw Quidditch team, loudly and rudely came strutting through the doors like a rooster when they've spotted a hen. For much longer than Tilly would like, they had been whooping and hollering about the entire castle to prepare for the big game scheduled with Gryffindor. Matilda must admit that she was glad that she didn't have to put up with Harry going around acting as those in her own house. She seemed to think of this type of act as barbaric and cowardly.

Quickly before he had the chance to disappear with a group of his friends, Tilly stood from the couch and caught the attention of a boy she usually tries to avoid.

"Asher Morgenstern!"

Her long-time admirer quickly took notice of the voice calling his name and he quickly turned to face her. When he walked up to her their height difference was immediately noticeable. His six-foot-something frame made her five-foot frame seem much smaller than usual. He towered over the small girl and yet she showed no signs of intimidation when standing directly across from the towering Quidditch player.