WEREWOlVES

That single statement sent the entire Ravenclaw common room into a frenzy, questions were fired from everywhere and there was no doubt that Claire Morgenstern was enjoying all the attention this gave her

That single statement sent the entire Ravenclaw common room into a frenzy, questions were fired from everywhere and there was no doubt that Claire Morgenstern was enjoying all the attention this gave her. There were people crowding around her amazed that she knew before anyone else in the house.

Not long after Claire sent the entire Ravenclaw house into a fit Professor Flitwick appeared ordering everyone down to the Great Hall. A few other Professors followed close behind, being sure every student got there safely. Ravenclaws were the last house to arrive, every other house was already seated at their assigned tables and whispering loudly amongst themselves about Sirius Black.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," Professor Dumbledore told them as Professor McGonagall and Flitwick closed all doors in the hall. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately," he added to Percy, who was looking immensely proud and important. "Send word with one of the ghosts."

Professor Dumbledore paused, about to leave the hall, and said, "Oh, yes, you'll be needing. . ."

One casual wave of his wand and the long tables flew to the edges of the hall and stood themselves against the walls; another wave, and the floor was covered with hundreds of squashy purple sleeping bags.

"Sleep well," said Professor Dumbledore, closing the door behind him.

The hall immediately began to buzz excitedly; the Gryffindors were telling anyone who was still in the dark what had just happened.

"Do you think we're in any real danger, Matilda?" asked Luna as Percy shouted for everyone to get into their sleeping bags.

Before Matilda could even answer she heard a Gryffindor whisper, "How did he get in?"

"Maybe he knows how to Apparate," said Padma, a few feet away. "Just appear out of thin air, ya know."

"Disguised himself, probably," said a Hufflepuff fifth year.