HIPPOGRIFFS

Waking up earlier than usual felt awful because over break Matilda was able to sleep in and get some much-needed rest but not this morning

Waking up earlier than usual felt awful because over break Matilda was able to sleep in and get some much-needed rest but not this morning. Last night she and Luna had agreed to wake up earlier than they normally would because the Great Hall quickly fills up on their first day back to classes. Everyone is always eager to see the friends they didn't get to the night before and then complain about the classes they've been put in. 

Luckily, they were in the Great Hall before most students. Hermione Granger sat quietly at the Gryffindor table reading a book, there were a few Slytherins playing wizard chess, and some Hufflepuffs that looked to be sleeping at their table. 

"Matilda!" at the sound of her name Tilly turned around to see Harper approaching her and Luna in her Hufflepuff robes, "I heard you had to go and see Dumbledore last night."

Glancing behind Harper Tilly watched as her group of friends waited for her close by, the only one Tilly was able to name was Cedric Diggory. 

"Already?" asked Tilly a little annoyed, "how did you hear about that so quickly?"

"Word travels fast around here," shrugged Harper, "besides with what happened last year, a lot of people know who you are now -- so what happened?"

Tilly shrugged, "Nothing really, it honestly wasn't that important."

She didn't want to tell Harper what happened in Dumbledores office because Tilly knew she'd most likely tell their parents. It was only her first day of classes, she didn't need her parents hovering because they were already worried about her. 

"Oh come on it's Dumbledore, it had to be important," Harper continued to press her younger sister, "just tell me what he wanted."

Becoming annoyed Tilly rolled her eyes as she looks up at her sister. For someone who is constantly questioning the choices, she makes Harper always wants to know what is going on in Tilly's life.

"He only wanted to know how my summer went," Tilly easily lied to her sister, "and we had a cup of tea, that's all."

Harper was obviously disappointed at the answer Tilly gave her, for she was expecting some extravagant story because of everything Tilly got herself into last year. Let down, Harper made her way back to her group of friends and they went and sat at their own table.