13. To Make You Feel My Love

To Make You Feel My Love

"When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I would offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love

When the evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I would never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
No doubt in my mind where you belong

I'd go hungry, I'd go blind for you
I'd go crawling down the aisle for you
There ain't nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love

The storms are raging on a rolling sea
Down the highway of regret
The winds of change are blowing wild and free
But you ain't seen nothing like me yet

There ain't nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of the earth for you
Make you happy, make your dreams come true
To make you feel my love"

("To Make You Feel My Love" by Garth Brooks)

You can do this. You can. It is simply a case of mind over matter, or some rubbish like that. You're intelligent, clever, and logical. You graduated at the top of your class at one of the most prestigious wizarding schools in the world. Common sense! It's all a matter of pure, common sense! What is it Mum is always telling me? You can do anything you want if you put your mind to it.

Somehow, I don't think she had this sort of situation in mind when she told me that.

Okay, Hermione. Think about this. Its just one night out of your life. Twenty-four hours. Hell, it's not even twenty-four hours really. It's just a few, short hours. Yes, that's right, a few hours sounds much better than an entire night.

Okay, that's just great. I'm babbling to myself.

"Hermione?"

How many times have I been able to do something that loads of people told me I couldn't do? I love to prove people wrong, don't I? This is just another great opportunity for me to do that.

"Earth to Hermione..."

Yes, another opportunity! But, I could think of it in a completely different way. It's one room. Most hotel rooms have what...two full-size beds. He'll have a bed. I'll have a bed. Easy-peasy. Crisis averted. I always do over think things, don't I? I have to stop doing that.

But then again, it's not really a crisis, is it? In the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal. But, it is to me. I'm supposed to spend an entire evening...okay, a few, measly, short hours in close quarters with the man I've been fantasizing about since I got here.

Has it been since I came here? Yes...it's been since I came here.

But, it's not just that. I feel something for him, too. Something that I can't describe.

"Were you planning on spending the entire evening in the lift?"

"Excuse me, what?" Hermione asked, breaking out of her reverie.

Harry stared at her with a bemused expression on his face. "I asked if you were going to spend the entire evening in the lift or were you planning on coming with me to the room?"

Hermione imagined that her cheeks were about beet red by now. How long had she been standing here in the lift while he looked at her wondering what on earth her problem was?

Hermione sheepishly exited the lift and watched as the doors pinged closed.

"That storm has you more freaked out than I thought," Harry commented.